Postgresql question

Default Postgresql question

First, i dont know where i should post a question about the database (i didnt see it as a separate topic) so i will ask here:

I wanted to move my databes from a hard partition to another so i read the steps guide from the faq. One of the steps is to go to the registry editor from win 7 and change and there click on the postgresql directory and modify something. The problem is that in the registry editor i find only the "postgresql 8.4" directory but actually in my program files directory i have 2 folders, one is "postgre sql 8.3" and second "postgre sql 8.4". So i wanted to know if i could lose some data by only modifing the "postgre sql 8.4" directory pathway? I am not sure i made myself explicit and i am not sure that there is any problem at all, but i would want sombody to clarify me why there aren't both folders (8.3 and 8.4 from program files>postgresql) appearing in the registry editor. Thank you.

Now i realised the postgresql 8.3 folder is from my previous database from the elephant hud i had before holdem manager. So the question now is, what should i do with that folder? If i delete it i would lose the data, or the data is now contained in the new database 8.4 formed when i instaled holdem manager? You should know i imported all the hands from elephant to holdem manager, but i can't say if they are transfered from the old database to the new one.
    Last edited by hedonisst; 07-31-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: new info

Are both SQL 8.3 and 8.4 using the same port?
    (open pgadminIII to check if they're using the same port)

Do you still have the original handhistory files you imported in Elephant?
    If you reimport those in HoldemManager, you can delete/abandon SQL 8.3.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have those hands in my holdem manager, but i dont know what "pgadminIII" is. I suspect that i can delete the 8.3 because i made an experiment: i cut it from my C partition and paste it on my D partition and nothing is changed, i still have all the hands in hem. So i wait only for a confirmation from someone that i can delete them

later edit: i typed in win 7 search "pgadminIII" and it opened a window where it appears only 1 server, namely postgresql 8.4. I dont know if this answer ur question about the port.
    Last edited by hedonisst; 08-01-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Yes, thats the answer - you can uninstall Postgresql 8.3 and delete the 8.3 data folder