HoldemManager.exe taking up tons of CPU
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HoldemManager.exe taking up tons of CPU

HoldemManager.exe takes up 20-40% of my cpu at all times, even when I am not importing or using the HUD. This is way too high, and really slows down my computer when I play. The memory usage seems reasonable.

Not sure if this is related, but the single largest file on my computer is
    C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/16403/16628 which is 1.0 GB (and the entire PostgreSQL folder is 9.9 GB). I regularly do all the vacuuming/reindexing/HH purging/etc. I also just started using a new database which should be quite small now (though I guess it keeps the older big one around).

I'm using Windows 7. I followed all the instructions for running the executables as admin, and allowed them through the firewalls. I use Symantec antivirus, which I don't believe has any issues with HEM.

Despite everything I have done, the cpu usage is still unmanageably high.

CPU spike issue started after the Windows 7 security updates. (when we released 1.11.07)

We're still investigating it and looking for a solution/fix.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by xyz456 View Post
    HoldemManager.exe takes up 20-40% of my cpu at all times, even when I am not importing or using the HUD. This is way too high, and really slows down my computer when I play. The memory usage seems reasonable.

Not sure if this is related, but the single largest file on my computer is
    C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/16403/16628 which is 1.0 GB (and the entire PostgreSQL folder is 9.9 GB). I regularly do all the vacuuming/reindexing/HH purging/etc. I also just started using a new database which should be quite small now (though I guess it keeps the older big one around).

I'm using Windows 7. I followed all the instructions for running the executables as admin, and allowed them through the firewalls. I use Symantec antivirus, which I don't believe has any issues with HEM.

Despite everything I have done, the cpu usage is still unmanageably high.
    I've been having the exact same issue for a week or two now, im also running windows 7, v1.11.07b and have tried vacuuming, new databases, defragging etc and the problem persists.

Glad to hear you guys are looking at the issue, its been a real pain. Please let me know if you'd like any further info regards my settip or would like me to try any patches etc

1 more of these issues right here... pc idle, cpu at 30%
    windows 7 x64 sp1

Same problem here. Just after I updated my windows 7.

update on this: it looks like the problem is related to using mozilla firefox for me. When I have firefox open, HoldemManager.exe takes about 20% of my cpu (even when I'm not importing or using the HUD). When I shut off firefox, it goes down to close to 0%. Is there maybe some firefox plugin that has problems with HEM? This is for Windows 7.

Edit: this also seems to happen when I restart Firefox in safe mode with plugins disabled. So I think there is some clash happening between firefox and hem on windows 7.
    Last edited by xyz456; 08-09-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Any idea on how firefox could somehow be clashing with HoldemManager.exe following a Windows 7 update? I don't really get how this can happen.

Hey,

I am having this problem also and when I look at the process with process explorer, I can see that it is the bodoghands.dll that is taking the cpu, even tho I don't have any accounts in bodog... IT takes 10% even when no import is ongoing ..

edit:

I renamed it (changed the extension to dll_) and now the manager takes almost no cpu time..
    Last edited by mcine; 08-10-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks for this tip - i'll forward it to our developers.

oops.-wrong topic.
    Last edited by mcine; 12-29-2011 at 05:54 PM.