Custom stats in HUD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kraboo View Post
    +1

I also think the custom stat editor should be a must. You know the community really want this and has been asking for this for some time now. Really, it can't be that hard to implement.
    We are 4 years later now.
    They clearly don't care after everything that has been said, despite the simplicity of it.

MyCustomStat = PFR / VPIP * 100

It's not hard, it's not hard at all.
    And I can know because I'm a programmer myself:
    1 extra view, 1 extra database table, a few extra lines of codes here and there.
    Maximum 1 day of work.

... well yeah, I switched to PT 4.

I'm disappointed.

PT 4 did listen to their community and this was the perfect and lovely result:

HM, I hope you don't mind that I post this PT 4 screenshot here, but in all honesty: You've had 4 years to implement this since the first Poll about it. So you've had your chance to keep me and others... but blew that ( for whatever unknown reason ??? ).
    Last edited by Mercadiator; 10-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your comments to management.

I will admit, I'm quite close to switching over myself.

As I've progressed through the stakes I've become more and more aware of HEM's shortfallings. The only reason I bought HEM over PT3(or was it 2?) in the first place was due to the general opinion that PT never updated/added new features.

It seems the pendulum has swung the other way. Time to jump ship?

You guys definitely have very valid points, the bottom line was we wanted to do this a long time ago and on many occasions we put this project on hold for reasons anyone that wants custom stats is unlikely to agree with.

The bottom line was this was a lot of work to implement properly, there wasn't enough people asking for it and when implemented not enough people would benefit from it. We could probably fix 20+ bugs in the same timescale for this full implementation, this made it difficult for us because delaying fixing this amount of bugs which would have a significant impact on a huge % of users to implement something that would only benefit a small % of users is not an easy decision and this is why on several occasions we delayed it again and again as it was just hard to justify to other users. You can imagine their point, you've over 1200 stats and your telling me your not fixing my bugs for another 2 months because you want to add a feature to add more stats, this is the other side of the fence.

In this business because we support about 20 different sites, some of which have hundreds of skins there is a constant flow of new bugs appearing and this is just the nature of the business.

So if we implemented the custom stats we would keep you guys very happy but we would have a lot more unhappy people that there issues were been delayed while we were working on a big project which is basically a feature request. Like i said i don't expect you guys to agree because this would be a fantastic feature and i totally agree with you but i'm trying to explain the reasons why this isn't completely clear cut, it also cant be ignored how long this has dragged on so in any case we probably let you guys down even if we had valid reasons.

If you look in the old custom stats forum, there was lots of posts on people trying to create custom stats that couldn't, sometimes people would help but most times people didn't so the custom stat feature was mostly useful to the people who could use it which isn't the average customer. Our main aim by the end of the project is to make it a lot more user friendly than HM1 so more people can use it.

I know you guys mentioned i don't want a fancy interface, i just want something that * PFR by 100, we were very liberal in adding new stats that were requested and probably have over 1200 stats right now. That was our short term solution instead of implementing a half baked solution we would have to re-write at a later stage

But i have some good news that the first phase of custom stats/custom reports project is off the ground. In the next version HMQL is implemented which is Holdem Manager Query Language, this is the basis the customer stats and customer reports are on. Its pre alpha stage but its actually working, when its released if you go to more reports > HMQL and type the following you'll see its already pulling all the info:

Code:
    select StatTotalHands,StatPlayerNameAndSite,StatFullRingPosition,StatNetAmountWon,StatBigBlindsPer100,StatVPIP,StatPFR,StatThreeBet,StatWentToShowdown,StatWonShowdown,StatPostflopAggression,StatPostflopAggressionPercentage from stats group by StatPlayerNameAndSite
    Code:
    select StatTotalHands,StatHighCardOnFlop,StatFlushDrawTextureOnFlop,StatFlopCBet,StatFlopCBetSuccess1,StatFlopCBetSuccess2,StatFlopCBetSuccess3,StatTurnCBet,StatTurnCBetSuccess1,StatTurnCBetSuccess2,StatTurnCBetSuccess3,StatRiverCBet,StatRiverCBetSuccess1,StatRiverCBetSuccess2,StatRiverCBetSuccess3 from stats group by StatHighCardOnFlop,StatFlushDrawTextureOnFlop
    Code:
    select StatGameTypeDescription,StatBigBlind,StatTableSize,StatTotalHands,StatNetAmountWon,StatBigBlindsPer100,StatVPIP,StatPFR,StatThreeBet,StatWentToShowdown,StatWonShowdown,StatPostflopAggression,StatPostflopAggressionPercentage from stats group by StatGameTypeDescription,StatBigBlind,StatTableSize
    Code:
    select StatSessionGrouping,StatSessionDuration,StatSessionGameTypeDescription,StatTotalHands,StatNetAmountWon,StatBigBlindsPer100,StatVPIP,StatPFR,StatThreeBet,StatWentToShowdown,StatWonShowdown,StatPostflopAggression,StatPostflopAggressionPercentage from stats group by StatSessionGrouping
    Code:
    select StatGameTypeDescription,StatNumberOfPlayersGrouping,StatTotalHands,StatNetAmountWon,StatBigBlindsPer100,StatVPIP,StatPFR,StatThreeBet,StatWentToShowdown,StatWonShowdown,StatPostflopAggression,StatPostflopAggressionPercentage from stats group by StatGameTypeDescription,StatNumberOfPlayersGrouping
    Well have documentation on all the current stats and options soon and this isnt specifically relevant to custom stats but well be exposing more and more areas of HM so you guys can do what you need. Right now the report section is the only place you can interact but as i said well be expanding it, this is still quite a big project and will take some time but with each new release we will be improving on it, so this doesn't solve people looking for custom stats short term problem as its still a bit away from being near ready to use custom stats but if you do have useful stats you want to create, pop them in here and ill make a push to get them included asap
    Last edited by fozzy71; 03-03-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: [code] tags
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hmm... I'm not familiar with PostGreSQL, I have used PHP/mysql a bit though and if its anything like that, it should be quite easy to implement.

Unless the statistics(VPIP/PFR/3b/etc/etc/etc) are not actually hashed within the database, and instead, computed on the fly.(nonsensical way of doing it so I assume its not)

Given the demographic most likely to use this feature(computer literate, probably with some programming knowledge) you could easily just give us a console/scripting shell and we can do it from there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by semesa View Post
    Hmm... I'm not familiar with PostGreSQL, I have used PHP/mysql a bit though and if its anything like that, it should be quite easy to implement.

Unless the statistics(VPIP/PFR/3b/etc/etc/etc) are not actually hashed within the database, and instead, computed on the fly.(nonsensical way of doing it so I assume its not)

Given the demographic most likely to use this feature(computer literate, probably with some programming knowledge) you could easily just give us a console/scripting shell and we can do it from there.
    Im not a programmer so i cant comment on the technical side but i do know from talking with them there is a lot of work involved. The HMQL report i talked about is basically the console like you mentioned but we have to expose different areas before it can be used, stats hasnt been exposed yet but that would only have read capabilities, we also need to be able to let you save your results and add them to reports then the HUD has to be able to read those also. This wasnt possible in HM1 but should be in HM2 which will make it even more powerful.

We also would like to make it more accessible to people with no programming experience but thats something which will come as we develop it more. thanks for the feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Morny I am one of the users that also would like to see custom stats added and your announcement that you have already started work on that is great news!

Can you give a rough timeframe (2+months etc) when this feature will be available?

It is too early to have an estimate of the time frame needed.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Any idea when HQML will be available ?