Quote Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
Well I think big part of value of HM is ability to use postgres DB it construct for various tasks. That's how many custom apps could start.
Could you give your assessment if it's difficult to guess how HM2 postgres db works ? Is it much different than HM1 one ?
Also if I attempt to rewrite my queries would it be possible to get some help about specifics on this forum or is it your policy to not give this information to the public ?

Thanks for help
I am not a programmer so I have no idea how to do it but I assume that it is more difficult in HM2 based on other questions/complaints we have received about this in the past due to the new parent database folder structure we use.

In HM1 there are a lot of tables that deal with a specific hand played by a specific player. In HM2 we don't have these tables, instead, for player related hand data, we use a flat file approach. Each player has his own folder and each file represents a single day. Each line within the file is a tokenized version of a single hand with incredible amounts of detail. Your overall HM2 spaced used (DB + Files) is about 2/3 of HM1 and we store probably 2-3 times as much info plus it can be accessed many, many times faster and allows us to do some things that wouldn't be possible otherwise, many of which are yet to come. If you don't want the space in your Roaming folder due to C: file space or something like that, we do give you the option of storing this data anywhere

General rule is 1 million hands = 10 GB.

In reality it's: 1 million hands
HM1: 6.8 GB
HM2: 4.3 GB
PT4: 13.6 GB

So with a 10 million hand database you need as SSD of at least 60 GB (Windows) + 100 GB = 160 GB.
We use 1 million = 10 GB (instead of 6.8) because when you want to perform a vacuum/analyse or backup/restore a database it will require a LOT of disk space to perform such a task.

Unfortunately you are on your own with these types of topics. None of us on the tech support team are programmers so we can not provide help with this and we can not afford to have the developers taking time from their programming duties to answer these types of questions on the forums.