Clear Type fonts?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default Clear Type fonts?

Its not possible to turn off the clear type thingy on the fonts?

HM2 looks like Notecady now, the fonts are blurred like they have clear type turned on.

Its impossible to use HM2 like this, it hurts my eyes alot. I had the same problem with Notecady.

Btw, HM2 doesn't have the "overhang" option on the HUD? To put the stats outside the table.

Tks

Can you do a screenshot of the hud and note caddy to show this?

Engineering Changes to ClearType in Windows 7 - Engineering Windows 7 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

has a lot of information regarding clear types. You can adjust it and turn it off, and tune it. Go into control panel - appearance and personalization - display, adjust cleartype text.

Overhang is currently not supported.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

The windows control for Clear Type doesn't change anything in HM2, it changes in all programs but not on HM2.

I already "knew" this wasn't possible to fix, a few months ago i told this same thing to the Notecady guy and he told me that was a problem with WPF. At the time i try to find a solution and i found a bunch of complains about the blurr fonts with WTF. If you make a search in google with wfp blurr fonts you'll find a bunch of complaints.

Anyway, a screenshot i toke at a time that i found on the Notecady thread:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4416/notecaddy.png

Just look at the left, with zoom at 100%, clear and crispy fonts, on the right blurr.

I'll take a screenshot with HM2 in a second...
    Last edited by Hilips; 07-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Here:

http://i.imgur.com/4HFnL.png

I understand that this probably doesn't affect you, or you can't even see it this is a huge problem for me. Its not because of the fonts look ugly and/or blurry, its that actualy hurt my eyes.

But since i was the only one complaining about this with Notecaddy, there might be a problem with my computer settings or am i just to picky?
    Last edited by Hilips; 07-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.

So this is with XP on a VM?

What OS do you run not on the VM?

Have you tried turning off the clear font?

Do you have this issue with other programs? This doesn't look like anything HM related in the picture you posted. Nevermind, I forgot the postgres was in there. There are some issues with text in XP that is written up.

But as far as the blurring, I don't see it there with HM.

Try the steps to turn off or tune clear font.
    Last edited by udbrky; 07-23-2011 at 05:23 PM.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

This is on Windows 7. I just open Vmare to compare the fonts.

I do have clear type turned off all the time, and the fonts are clear and crispy all over the place... but not on HM2 and Notecady.

When you said you don't see it, are you telling me that the HM2 fonts in that screenshot looks exactly the same as the fonts on vmware?!

HM2 Shark Tank Member

You really can't see the diference?

No, I misunderstood what you were saying. I also thought you were complaining about the true type being on.

I think the HM looks better than other programs with the true type turned off.

Also, the default in the popup is arial, switch to times new roman, or verdana which is the hud default. See if that's better.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

There is a diference in rendering on those fonts, i can't believe you dont' see it.

Popup? Im not talking about the hud.

Take a look, its a real issue: WPF Blurry fonts problem - Solutions - Stack Overflow

And it doesn't matter if you think HM looks better or if i think HM looks worse, thats not the point. If that was the problem i could just decide i don't want to use it, but like this i CAN'T use it. It bother my eyes at the point they hurt and get "tired" much more quickly.

On every other program i have the OPTION to turn this ON or OFF in windows, but in HM2 it doesn't change anything.

Regarding other programs, HM1, PT3, Table Scanner Turbo, Table Ninja, you name it, doesn't have this problem. I had only two poker programs with this "Clear type" built in and they are HM2 and Notecaddy.

I didn't completely understand your position. I think I do now.

I was confused also, because when I turn off clear type font, then every program I see, the text looks blurry to me, whereas I don't see it anywhere with the clear type.

I've emailed regarding this to see what can be done.