Beginners layout for MTT and SnG - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Depends which way you look at it. VPIP < 5 should be red as villain is only playing premium hands.

However, this is not really a dangerous situation. VPIP between 15 and 30 is (to my mind) more dangerous as this is a villain with a wider, but still tightish, range of holecards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    Depends which way you look at it. VPIP < 5 should be red as villain is only playing premium hands.

However, this is not really a dangerous situation. VPIP between 15 and 30 is (to my mind) more dangerous as this is a villain with a wider, but still tightish, range of holecards.
    This makes sense - I'm slowly trying to simplify colours to three so in this instance
    <15 red very tight
    15 <30 grey proceed with due caution
    >30 green much wider range, we should be playing back at these folks.

The problem is deciding how to assign the danger/exploitable red/green to some stats. But someone showing mainly grey stats would be playing thinking poker and is to be taken seriously.

Now if only we could nail down the ranges to be able to make this work

Banned

I've seen some HUDS that are so brightly colored and using so many fonts that my eyes start bleeding at the thought of using such a HUD. I like the KISS system whereby:

~ anything that is not a danger is grey in colour,
    ~ nothing is bolded, no matter how important you might think it is,
    ~ I run 5 stats only in a HUD, and only 3 of them are really important.

I have some thoughts on stats... feel free to pm me.

Don't forget, this is for MTT/SNG only.

So how would you put this range?

VPIP < 5-14 Tight
    VPIP < 15-30 Tight Aggressive (maybe ABC player)
    VPIP < 30+ Loose Aggressive

Thanks I am also trying to define these ranges. Maybe tight aggressive doesn't fit the profile but I would say Tight and Loose do.

Thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by $5 SNG PRO View Post
    So how would you put this range?

VPIP < 5-14 Tight
    VPIP < 15-30 Tight Aggressive (maybe ABC player)
    VPIP < 30+ Loose Aggressive

Thanks I am also trying to define these ranges. Maybe tight aggressive doesn't fit the profile but I would say Tight and Loose do.

Thanks
    I take it from your s/n that you like SnGs... so do I. The thing with SnGs is that you don't get a lot of time sitting with the same players before tables reform and/or people get eliminated. In the case you mentioned, I would still:

< 14 gray
    < 30 red
    < inf gray

However, I agree that it may be appropriate to tag the < 14 players somehow... just not sure how without turning the HUD into a '60s pop festival.
    Last edited by The Minder; 01-29-2010 at 07:27 PM.

I take it from your s/n that you like SnGs... so do I. The thing with SnGs is that you don't get a lot of time sitting with the same players before tables reform and/or people get eliminated. In the case you mentioned, I would still:

< 14 gray
    < 30 red
    < inf gray

However, I agree that it may be appropriate to tag the < 14 players somehow... just not sure how without turning the HUD into a '60s pop festival.
    I actually have been playing with this config and I like it. I have made some mods

I'm thinking of it a different way. I'm trying to use it to exploit people IE if someone is playing too many hands i'll get in with them to have them bet at me if a get a piece. I find people that play too many hands usually are willing to bluff more. As for the golden players i may set mine with 77-.

< 14 gold (if they raise they are probably golden )
    < 30 green
    < inf PINK ( exploitable )

I'm using it for SNGs and MTT.

Right now i'm just concentrating on these...

Name/M (anything less than 7 is a shove)/Hands (stats only turned on after 10 hands so I know i at least have a small sample size)
    VPIP (to get the feel for how active the player is)

I also have PFR/Steal
    AGG / Flop CB / Fold to FCB / FLOP CR

but not paying too close attention to those right now.

Thanks for the input

i also need to set up a mtt HUD and non turbo 180s and a HUD for turbo SNGs 18/45/180s

then a HUD for cash games ...

need some help

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJL85 View Post
    i also need to set up a mtt HUD and non turbo 180s and a HUD for turbo SNGs 18/45/180s

then a HUD for cash games ...

need some help
    Is that the sound of angels I hear? Soft, rejoicing voices heralding the Almighty's presence, or the thunderous rapture of the Seven Sisters Rugby Club belting out Handel's most famous work? Either way, it's an acknowledgement that I have found another tourney player and you Sir, are likely to become my newest bestest friend.

Unfortunately, HM cannot properly handle what you have requested so please feel free to join with the rest of us tourney players as we seek to have some changes introduced to HM. We don't have a club house yet and membership is small... but we are a force.

Welcome!

Is that the sound of angels I hear? Soft, rejoicing voices heralding the Almighty's presence, or the thunderous rapture of the Seven Sisters Rugby Club belting out Handel's most famous work? Either way, it's an acknowledgement that I have found another tourney player and you Sir, are likely to become my newest bestest friend.

Unfortunately, HM cannot properly handle what you have requested so please feel free to join with the rest of us tourney players as we seek to have some changes introduced to HM. We don't have a club house yet and membership is small... but we are a force.

Welcome!
    You sir bought a smile to this furrowed browed, bad beaten, ground down SnG player and for that I thank you - now for the love of all thats holy can I please win an effing 70/30 please.

Or praps I just go to bed and dream the best hand will hold up.

We gonna let him in the club even tho he also wants a cash HUD??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a.Also View Post
    You sir bought a smile to this furrowed browed, bad beaten, ground down SnG player and for that I thank you - now for the love of all thats holy can I please win an effing 70/30 please.
    Ummm... no, my turn

Or praps I just go to bed and dream the best hand will hold up.
    Aint gonna happen... you know that.

We gonna let him in the club even tho he also wants a cash HUD??
    Sure... once he screams "thank you sir... may I please have another" a few dozen times he'll have that cash game nonsense 'thwacked' out of him.