Beginners layout for MTT and SnG - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Any time the rules on the various Use For: tabs confuse HM it reverts to the default HUD. You should set the Default HUD, and any other HUDs you arent using, to a site you never play. Then set the one and only HUD you want to use, to Any Site.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=135

I loaded this config and it seemd fine in HEM but wouldn't load a HUD when I tried it in a tourney in Full Tilt. The HUD options in the 'Use for' tab were all set for Full Tilt and Tourneys and the default config switched to a site I didn't use.

When it didn't work I deleted the new config but now I've found that the default config won't work either (and the 'Use for' tab is unchecked for the tourney boxes). So now I've got no HUD that works.

Please help!

Just to clarify on my request below.

The default HUD is now not working in any game, not just tourneys. I tried it in some play money cash games just to test.
    The auto import is working fine and I can see hand histories of the hands I do play.
    I've been through the FAQ for HUD's that don't seem to be working and can't see anything else to help me get this started again.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
    2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
    3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
    4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
    5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

Fozzy

Did all of that and still no HUD when I test it on a game. The 'Use for' tab shows that the default config is set to Any site and all games. I am now able to check the tourney boxes.

OK now I know to test it on a real money game rather than play money...my apologies. All seems ok on the HUD now.

I am a little concerned about this though. Why when I import a new config did this happen? It's making me really wary about importing anymore or about adapting any other configs other than the default which isn't what I bought into in purchasing HEM. So is there a specific reason why this error occurred?

Which file did you import? The first file he posted was exported incorrectly as a customized Default config. Many people customize the Default HUD config and export that, which is very wrong. You want the Default HUD set to a site you never play, and all of your customized HUDs should have their own unique name and settings for the Use For: tab. Then you can export/import these on a site-by-site basis. Once imported you can switch it to Any Site, if you want to use the same HUD on multiple sites.

As long as people export their files properly, you shouldnt have problems. And, if you make sure to export your custom HUDs and back up your \holdem manager folder regularly it shouldnt matter if you did have a problem. You just delete the prefs file, import your backed up HUD files, and you are back to normal in 5 or 10 minutes.

I imported the second file which did have a config name as opposed to default and prior to importing had already set the default to a site I don't use. Prior to going into the game I checked that all the 'use for' tabs were correctly set so I still don't understand why it didn't work. As such I am still very circumspect about using other imported tabs. Think I'll work on creating my own and testing them out.

Take your point about saving existing configs though so thanks for that and rest of help.

I noticed that there is no color coding, or option on your HUD for 3 betting.

What can we consider green, >15%

and red >10%

as far as the color coding is concerned, if this symbol < means less than

Shouldn't the PFR catagory read opposite of

< 5% = green
    < 10%=yellow
    < 25%=red

Shouldnt people who are raising less be more dangerous as to people who are raising more Freq? I man if someones raising more than 20%of thier hands, I would assume their F3b will be high also.