Issues loading update from 7/22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Issues loading update from 7/22

Just cranked up HM2 and saw the update notice for b4762, about announcing HM2 today and opening the beta. Will the alpha forum be closed, and do we now report issues in the other HM2 forums?

On that note, the update would not install for me -- when the installer ran, instead of showing the proper output folder (remember, I'm one of those troublemakers that install HM2 to a non-standard location) like it normally does, it showed a blank output folder, then attempted to write to "\Config\..." before throwing an error saying the file it was attempting to update at "\Config\..." didn't exist. It looks like the updater is attempting to write to a path relative to the install path, but it isn't finding the install path. I had to abort the update.

Getting the same...post manual update please.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

it's in the releases thread now too.

Continue to use this forum

Thanks, the full installer worked. However it doesn't detect the existing installation -- that should be trivial to add to an installer (broken record with me, I know, I've been griping about it since HM1).

I'm asking around - I thought this was fixed.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default NEW HM2 Build

When i installed, I had to click ignore to about 20 updates, it then crashes

Also the bug forum, can't access as it needs a password, and i dont know what that is, as it isnt the one i use to log in here with

Also notecaddy has never worked on Microgaming, has this been fix and do you have a work around for the crash, or shall i reinstall the whole thing again?

Also tried this update on my main PC, same probelm
    Last edited by johncc; 07-23-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Can you get us a log file when it crashes and email to hm2support@holdemmmanager.com and link to this thread and well look into that issue. When you say click to ignore, it sounds like it gave an error to say the file could not be overwritten and click retry or ignore? If so it may be an exe is locking several files, can you try rebooting and reapply the update and see if the problem persists, also make sure you remembered to close down HM2 before running the update.

Ill fix the bug forum now, for the Microgaming issue can you also email those hands in a separate email and well test and write up a big if necessary. I presume it doesnt work at all even when you manually import the hands is it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Please double check the email address u gave, as mail get rejected

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Got it to work, HM2 not notecaddy by using this link

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ys-update.html

This sounds like the problem I already reported in the Alpha forum. The internal updater is broken, it doesn't find the install path and assumes empty (or root \ path) and then tries to write the updated files to a non-existent relative path. The full installer, as you found, is the solution (but it also does not find the current install path, and defaults back to C:\Program Files, so you have to pay attention and change it).