HM3 backups / mirroring

Default HM3 backups / mirroring

Hi there,

I guess this is a 2 part question.

A. Whats the most ideal way of backing up/restoring HM3?

B. I live in a couple different places so I have 2 laptops depending where I am. How can I keep my HM3 mirrored between the 2 laptops?

thank you

a) Ideal way? There is only one way really: Tools - 'Backup Database...', save/transfer the backup file to the other computer then Tools - 'Restore Database...'. It's either that or transfer all the raw original hand history files and import those which will take much longer, and wouldn't include other things like settings, HUDs, aliases, player/hand notes, manually edited tourney results, etc.

b) You would need to keep your \HM3Archive folder on both machines sync'd via dropbox (or similar cloud hosting service), and manually import recent hands to each computer like we suggest for HM2 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

You can use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database menu option for the initial sync/transfer of the database but after that you will have to manually import hands to keep them in sync.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive,.Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

*This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration: HMT-3119 - HM3 Cloud database sync - missing HM2 Feature. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-3119 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    a) Ideal way? There is only one way really: Tools - 'Backup Database...', save/transfer the backup file to the other computer then Tools - 'Restore Database...'. It's either that or transfer all the raw original hand history files and import those which will take much longer, and wouldn't include other things like settings, HUDs, aliases, player/hand notes, manually edited tourney results, etc.

b) You would need to keep your \HM3Archive folder on both machines sync'd via dropbox (or similar cloud hosting service), and manually import recent hands to each computer like we suggest for HM2 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

You can use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database menu option for the initial sync/transfer of the database but after that you will have to manually import hands to keep them in sync.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive,.Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

*This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration: HMT-3119 - HM3 Cloud database sync - missing HM2 Feature. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-3119 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.
    Makes sense. I will let you know if I run into any issues. Have a good week.