HM2 Crash, when "Analyze" run

Default HM2 Crash, when "Analyze" run

Hi!

It started yesterday.

Before that, everything was fine.
    If just reset and don't run note creation - the analysis goes to the end, but, of course, it does not find the notes, because we made a Reset.

I made a backup - restore of the database to a new database. Did not help. After that, I created a new database and reimport the hands archive there, after which I started creating notes. This also did not help.

The crash occurs almost at one point (3280-3303) - as on a print screen.

Since the error appeared quite recently, I decided to try to stop the creation of notes by about 90%.

And run Analyze after stopping. In this case, no crashes occurs, Analyze works. If i bring the process of creating notes to the end, then error occurs. At the same time, it does not matter on which particular note I do the analysis - the crash occurs even on a completely empty note, which does nothing.

When crashed, HM2 asked me to send a log. file. Its size is 5 megabytes, but at the very end there are lines like this, maybe they will help:

playedyearandmonth >= 202009 and playedyearandmonth <= 202012 and P.cashhands > 0
    group by P.player_id, P.PlayerName,P.pokersite_ID
    HAVING sum(C.totalhands) >= 50
    order by TotalHands desc
    23:12:30.354 [Worker 19:19 - PostgresqlDatabase.ExecuteCancellableQuery] [[General] ] queryGroup=PlayerDetails
    23:12:30.488 [Worker 19:19 - PostgresqlDatabase.ExecuteCancellableQuery] [[General] ] TIMER: 00:00.134 [19 - PostgresqlDatabase.ExecuteCancellableQuery]
    23:12:30.682 [Main:1 - CaddyNotes.InitializeWithPlayer] [[General] ] Notecaddy Initializing : B178EE04
    23:12:30.683 [Main:1 - CaddyNotes.InitializeWithPlayer] [[General] ] Notecaddy Finished for : B178EE04 with 0 notes
    23:12:30.694 [Main:1 - CaddyNotes.InitializeWithPlayer] [[General] ] Notecaddy Initializing : B178EE04
    23:12:30.695 [Main:1 - CaddyNotes.InitializeWithPlayer] [[General] ] Notecaddy Finished for : B178EE04 with 0 notes
    23:12:30.819 [Main:1 - Shell.SelectTab] [[General] ] *** Ribbon tab selected: notecaddytab ***
    23:12:32.330 [Main:1 - MainView.ShowNoteCaddy] [[General] ] trying to open notecaddy. Authorization: True
    23:13:24.657 [Worker 21:21 - PokerManager.GarbageCollectionTimerTick] [[General] ] Before GC.Collect: GarbageCollectionGeneration=0, TotalMemory=107
    23:13:24.657 [Worker 21:21 - PokerManager.GarbageCollectionTimerTick] [[General] ] After GC.Collect: GarbageCollectionGeneration=0, TotalMemory=107
    23:13:24.657 [Worker 21:21 - PokerManager.GarbageCollectionTimerTick] [[General] ] CollectionCount=142,18,7
    23:15:28.664 [Main:1 - App.App_DispatcherUnhandledException] [[HighPriority] ] System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncServices.<>c. <ThrowAsync>b__1_0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    23:15:28.664 [Main:1 - App.App_DispatcherUnhandledException] [[HighPriority] ] Holdem Manager 2 encountered an unrecoverable error:
    Details copied to clipboard
    Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
    Stack Trace at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncServices.<>c. <ThrowAsync>b__1_0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    If these lines do not say anything, then what and where to send in order to somehow solve the problem?

Judging by the fact that the error occurs even if I import hands into the new base that did not go through HM2 (original hands), perhaps NC somehow reacts incorrectly to a particular hand among thousands of others? (a hand with a unique error in the hand text)
    But this is only a guess.

By excluding hands from the import that DO NOT cause the program to crash, I managed to narrow the problem down to the 1 file with about two hundred hands. Try it, please with your definitions, maybe it's some kind of common problem. If your HM2 (also if you want try on HM3) does not crash, then I will try to find a specific hand causing the program to break.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hi!

Judging by the fact that the error occurs even if I import hands into the new base that did not go through HM2 (original hands), perhaps NC somehow reacts incorrectly to a particular hand among thousands of others? (a hand with a unique error in the hand text)
    But this is only a guess.
    Hi FALOs,

Does this still happen even with the latest NC version released yesterday? If it does, can you please try to reset your NC settings and see if it still happens?

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

I couldn't reproduce it myself, even with the hands you shared (I had reset my NC settings after installing the update). So it might be related to your hands, or it could be an issue with your one or some of your definitions causing NC to error out, or something else.

If the issue still exists please create a support ticket here: https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/94

In the ticket please provide:
    -All of your database hands exported from HM2
    -Your NoteCaddy Definitions folder from here: C:\Users\[Windows username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\definitions

Please .zip the files and upload them to a cloud service like OneDrive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer.com and share the link(s) in the ticket.
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 12-02-2020 at 09:36 AM.

If the issue still exists please create a support ticket here: https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/94

I just did Purge for the last day, and then reloaded all hands without this file, which I posted above - and everything works without problems. But when I have a little more free time, I will try to find a specific hand that leads to the crash of the program.

After killing 2 hours for numerous tests, it seems I have found the source of the problem.

First of all I did a factory reset and note reset - but it didn't help in any way.

Judging by the result, the error is probably caused by the lack of a "division by 0" checking when the formula calls the formula.

It's hard for me to say why the error appeared in my database only after a certain HH was impoted, but, perhaps, before that, the value in the formula did not accept 0. And for some of the new players it took 0, and this fatal error began to occur.

But in any case, I managed to narrow the problem down to three interrelated definitions, in fact, the formula used gets the results from a couple of more definitions, but I do not add them on purpose, it's even better, because the absence of definitions in any case should not lead to program inoperability.

For the test I used a new base with a total of 65 hands for all players. You can use the file I posted above. Perhaps the error will not occur on all bases, because division by 0 may not occur there. As for division by 0, this is, of course, just my guess, it just seems to me that this is the most obvious reason. Maybe I'm wrong.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FALOs; 12-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Hi FALOs,

Thank you for doing those tests and sharing the details.

With your hands in a new database, and your 3 definitions I was able to reproduce the problem. I created a ticket for the developers regarding it. It should be fixed in one of the next updates.

I think this is solved now in NC v2.9.81.0. Please let us know if you have any problems with it.

http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.81.0.zip

I confirm the problem has been fixed. Ty NCEdge!

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    I confirm the problem has been fixed. Ty NCEdge!
    Awesome, thank you for the confirmation