All Hands have disappeared

Default All Hands have disappeared

Went into HEM3 today, and all my hands for all my screen names have seemingly gone poof. When I closed HEM, I got a message of "there are internal errors" would you like to log, which I clicked on.

Please advise, do I need to restore my database - confusing situation. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by rstavert View Post
    Went into HEM3 today, and all my hands for all my screen names have seemingly gone poof. When I closed HEM, I got a message of "there are internal errors" would you like to log, which I clicked on.
    What is the ticket number that was generated for the logs that you sent? Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.

Quote Originally Posted by rstavert View Post
    Please advise, do I need to restore my database - confusing situation. Thank you in advance.
    Do you see any player names in the 'Select Player...' menu or does it so none selected? Did the name of the database change in the header of HM3?

If you open the HM3 - File - Open Database... menu and browse to your C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases do you see other databases with different names/sizes that can be opened?

If you do not see any other copies of the database that can be opened I am not sure what else to suggest other than create a new empty database and restore a backup of your previous database if you have one then manually import any hands from the C:\HM3Archive folder that were played after the date of that backup. If you do not have a recent backup then the only thing you can do is create a new database and manually import all your hands from HM3Archive and HM2Archive if you used that previously and want the hands in the new database.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results played after the backup was created if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. You can make a backup of the active database at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu.

You can make a backup of the active database and settings at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu then restore it using the Tools - 'Restore Database...' option.
    - Individual HUD Profiles can also be exported from the HUD - HUD Editor - Options button menu.
    - All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

If you also want to manually backup the database/settings files: Your actual uncompressed HM3 databases are stored in C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\. Your personalized HM3 settings/files are stored in C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see those folders/files, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    What is the ticket number that was generated for the logs that you sent? Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.

Do you see any player names in the 'Select Player...' menu or does it so none selected? Did the name of the database change in the header of HM3?

If you open the HM3 - File - Open Database... menu and browse to your C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases do you see other databases with different names/sizes that can be opened?

If you do not see any other copies of the database that can be opened I am not sure what else to suggest other than create a new empty database and restore a backup of your previous database if you have one then manually import any hands from the C:\HM3Archive folder that were played after the date of that backup. If you do not have a recent backup then the only thing you can do is create a new database and manually import all your hands from HM3Archive and HM2Archive if you used that previously and want the hands in the new database.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results played after the backup was created if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. You can make a backup of the active database at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu.

You can make a backup of the active database and settings at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu then restore it using the Tools - 'Restore Database...' option.
    - Individual HUD Profiles can also be exported from the HUD - HUD Editor - Options button menu.
    - All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

If you also want to manually backup the database/settings files: Your actual uncompressed HM3 databases are stored in C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\. Your personalized HM3 settings/files are stored in C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see those folders/files, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory.
    Yes, I do see my screen names - just zero data or any hands.

My tickets for this situation are -

1. https://support.holdemmanager.com/us...wticket/611744

2. https://support.holdemmanager.com/us...wticket/611758

I don't see any changes to the database name.

The player names are in the database, just no data. It does not appear that the name of the database has changed at all. The support tickets for this situation are:

https://support.holdemmanager.com/us...wticket/611744

https://support.holdemmanager.com/us...wticket/611758
    under
    I don't see any files under the c:\users sub directory. I only see databases under the c:\hm3files sub heading.

I replied to ticket 611744. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.

It appears that something has corrupted the database:

2021/03/06 09:22:44.458 [12] [HoldemManager.Server:HmDatabaseBase:ExecuteQuery(7 157)] [ERROR] SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
    Please try to create a new small/test database: File - New Database then manually import some hands via File - Import Folder - from C:\HM2Archive and/or C:\HM3Archive.