HUD display number of hands?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default HUD display number of hands?

Hi, apologies if this has been asked, I searched and couldn't find it. Is it possible to have the HUD display the number of hands a stat has data for when it is fewer than 100, like HM2 did?

Quote Originally Posted by superwomble View Post
    Hi, apologies if this has been asked, I searched and couldn't find it. Is it possible to have the HUD display the number of hands a stat has data for when it is fewer than 100, like HM2 did?
    Are you referring to the HUD itself, or the Popups? I don't recall HM2 having this for the HUD but the Popups would hide samples after 99 samples, which HM3 does not do yet. I wrote up the feature request for you as one of our testers was just asking about this the other day also.

HMT-4985: Add option to hide popup samples (times/opportunites) after 99 samples (Missing HM2 Feature)
    This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-4985 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

If you are referring to something else from HM2 that I am not recalling please post more details and some screenshots of the feature and its menu settings if it has any.

Thanks for the reply, yes it was the popups I was referring to, although just to confirm we're talking about the same thing the issue isn't that HM3 doesn't hide the sample number after 99, it is that it does not show the sample number at all, even when it is less than 100.

Is this a HUD/Popup you imported from HM2?

The developers decided to toggle off the 'Show Times/Opportunities' in the HUD - HUD Editor - Popup Groups - Item Properties by default (for imported, and most/all default popups) to reduce the clutter and overall width. They assumed that if customers are importing popups they are also importing databases (or lots of hands manually) and having those toggled on for every stat would make the popups quite wide (as the HM3 popups already tend to be a bit wider than HM2 popups).

Here is an example of a HM2 vs HM3 default popup with samples enabled (but limited to 99 in HM2) and an example of why we disabled them by default.

Great thanks, that's the option I had missed. I see your point about the popups being wider now which seems to be caused by the fact that now you are displaying the number of times and the number of hands, instead of just the number of hands. Is it possible to choose just to have the number of hands displayed e.g. in your example of EP Cold Call display 12 instead of 4/12, and if not can that option be added please?

Quote Originally Posted by superwomble View Post
    Great thanks, that's the option I had missed. I see your point about the popups being wider now which seems to be caused by the fact that now you are displaying the number of times and the number of hands, instead of just the number of hands. Is it possible to choose just to have the number of hands displayed e.g. in your example of EP Cold Call display 12 instead of 4/12, and if not can that option be added please?
    This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration.

HMT-2094: HUD Editor - Add an option to display opportunities as (Opportunities) instead of (Times/Opportunities)
    If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-2094 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 11-23-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Thank you.

is it correct that nothin from the above has changed until now?
    If I want to see the pop up samples in an imported hud I have to change the 'Show Times/Opportunities' for every single stat by hand???

and more general after 2 weeks use of hm3: I understand that hm2 was old and as a company it was probably hard to make money with it and therefore a new version the obv way to go. But are there any people who actually prefer hm3 to hm2? I really can not see any upside to it. Biggest difference is how slow the hud is (especially the to load pop ups)...

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    If I want to see the pop up samples in an imported hud I have to change the 'Show Times/Opportunities' for every single stat by hand???
    Yes, that is correct that you have to manually edit each stat but if you use the Ctrl+Click to select multiple multiple stats you can then edit multiple stats all at once.

... Biggest difference is how slow the hud is (especially the to load pop ups)...
    Are you using a custom HUD you created or imported from HM2? Do you have the same problems if you use the HM3 'Standard' HUD profile? Try to remove any unused or extra popups from the HM3 HUD profile, that you might have imported from HM2. With HM3 it loads the stats for all the associated popups even if you are not using them.

- HM3 - HUD - HUD Editor - 'Profile:' = select the profile you want to edit.
    - Options - 'Export' or 'Duplicate' the profile so you have a backup copy before you make any edits.
    - Click the 'Popup Groups' button in the upper right corner.
    - In the upper left under 'Groups' you can select then 'Delete' any unused popups.

This should help speed up the overall HUD and popups performance.

If you continue to have problems:

- Try to remove positional stats directly in the hud (stats using position item property in the Hud Editor)
    - Try to reduce number of stats in the HUD
    - Try to disable session stats in tooltips (HM3 - HUD - HUD Options)
    - Try to set max number of hands limit lower in HUD Options
    - Try to reduce the number of hands in the database (new database and import only a small portion of the hands)
    - For popup loading speeds: reduce number of popups and complexity of the popups

and more general after 2 weeks use of hm3: I understand that hm2 was old and as a company it was probably hard to make money with it and therefore a new version the obv way to go. But are there any people who actually prefer hm3 to hm2? I really can not see any upside to it. Biggest difference is how slow the hud is (especially the to load pop ups)...
    Yes the HUD is brutal - i completely agree with everything you say. A giant step backwards.