HM2 Restore rejects NoteCaddy Definitions

Default HM2 Restore rejects NoteCaddy Definitions

Hi,

I have two machines, one a machine use for development work, and one, a production machine I use for playing.

I have been making a lot of changes to NoteCaddy definitions on the Dev machine. I then created an HM2 backup including all the default settings (excluding the database). I copied the HM2 backup file to the other machine and restored it.

I can see in the AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyDefinitions folder that all the NC definitions were restored as expected.

However, when I start NoteCaddy and scroll through the NC Definitions a large number of the definitions that exist in the said directory are not displayed in the grid. As a result, my popups which use these definitions end up being blank. Any idea why this would happen? It is as if it is rejecting the definitions.

I am running the same version of HM2 on both machines (2.0.0.8500). I do have a separate license on the production machine which I have to re-enter as part of the restore, but I assume that is not a problem. I am running Postgres 64 bit on both machines.

The only thing I can think of that is different is that I am running Windows 7 on the dev machine and Windows 10 on the production machine.

Appreciate your help.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Are the missing definition files .xml or .n2d? If they are n2d, even if you modified or "saved new"d the license restriction is intended to be sticky. Do their file sizes seem reasonable? There have been some cases of 0 kb xml files but that was long ago and not related to HM's restore.

Also, there is the chance that they somehow moved into your inactive column.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Are the missing definition files .xml or .n2d? If they are n2d, even if you modified or "saved new"d the license restriction is intended to be sticky. Do their file sizes seem reasonable? There have been some cases of 0 kb xml files but that was long ago and not related to HM's restore.

So far I am only finding .n2d files missing, or rather n2d definitions files existing but not showing up in the NC grid. The file size seem to be correct.

When you say 'the license restriction is meant to be sticky', do you mean that it is designed to effectively ensure i is not possible to develop definitions and pass them on to others (unless they go through some re-seller process)? That makes sense, but it is problematic for me in this situation :-)

Also, there is the chance that they somehow moved into your inactive column.
    There is nothing in the INACTIVE column I am afraid.