Common mistakes people make with HM2.
1. Placing your archive or datamined hands folders in your auto import folders list. This forces HM2 to search through lots of files, filled with hand histories, looking for the ones that have not been imported. Think of it like you have a room full of small boxes, all unlabeled, and are trying to find the right box. You have to open a lot of boxes before you find the right one.
It also creates a loop, where it will search the archived hands, then move them to the archive. There, it encounters a file of the same name, so it appends the file with .1 at the end. The next time, it adds another .1, until the file name is too long for Windows to handle and it causes a crash. This also delays your HUD’s popping up.
Remove any such folder from your auto import folders list in Hand Importing.
2. Hand History import folder issues. A lot of sites do not automatically save your hand histories. You need to make sure they are saved, and that the correct folder is in the auto import folders list.
Please see The site setup FAQ
3. Editing the wrong HUD config/stats. HUD’s can be configured separately. Make sure that any changes you make are done in the correct HUD layout.
Make sure that your desired HUD is assigned to the game types in Site Options. If you have assigned different HUD’s to different game types, make sure there is not one assigned to any for all options. Make sure your chosen popups are assigned to the correct stats in Stat Appearance.
4. Site Time Adjustment and Preferred Seating. Make sure your time in the hands section of Active Session matches your computer clock when playing. Make sure that your seat in your poker client matches your client’s preferred seat.
5. Stars Tournament Summaries. Stars does not automatically save the summaries. The hand history folders do not contain the information necessary to get all winnings/rebuys/field size/finish information. You need to save and import the tournament summaries to be able to access this information.
Please see The site setup FAQ
6. Overhang set to 99999. The overhang should be set to between 0 and 100. Setting it larger causes errors.
7. Last x months filter. This is in HUD Options – HUD Filters. If you set this to 0, it will only show session stats. If it is set to a really large number, it will read it as 0. It should be set to something under 240 to use all hands.
8. Not running as admin for fast game types. For HM2 to correctly read your table and show the HUD, you need to run the client and HM2 as administrator.
Please see our FAQ’s for your specific site for more detailed instructions.
9. Using security software that overblocks. Some security software will block folders and processes necessary to operate HM2. For this reason, we recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.
10. Not backing up data regularly. You should backup your archive, your HUD’s, filters, notes, and all other data and documents regularly. I keep a backup on a second hard drive that I keep in a safe. Ideally, it would also be backed up off-site, in case of theft or fire. I back mine up at the end of every month.
11. Filling up your hard drive. Make sure that you have at least 10% free space on your hard drive. If it fills up, it corrupts your postgres installation, corrupting the database and causing the HUD not to show.
12. Using a beta Operating System. Make sure you set it up to dual boot, or run it on a virtual machine.