PDA

View Full Version : 4 men HU matches PS

guedal
04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi,

I started this subject on the Releases subforum but the thread is now closed. I first quote my post and answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guedal View Post
I was using beta 21 and downloaded beta 28b. I noticed that this beta (or some other in between) started to misunderstand 4-men HU tourneys on PokerStars that were well understood on Beta 21. It reads sometimes that it's a 2-men 1 table SNG. I already have to manually enter the amount won. Could you please check it out?
If you lose in the first round it will think it is a HU tourney like you have seen. This is because 4 man HU tourneys look exactly like HU tourneys in the first stage. You are right that previously it seemed to work in one of the builds but this build made all HU tourneys appear like 4 man tourneys.

You will either need to edit the tourneys or import summaries
************End of quote****************

The point is it is also misassigning a prize to me when I win the first match and lose the second. I think there should be a better way to handle shootout HU matches or tourneys. BTW, how can I import the summaries?

morny
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah but again the reason its doing this is because HM has no way of knowing its a 4man game if you lose in the 1st round.

To import summaries please request them from the poker site, copy them to notepad and save the file and then import it and it should refresh the results

Giugio82
01-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi,

I reuse this post because the software isn't working for HU Shootout for me.
Do you think it will be fixed or is there a way to workaround it?

Pokerroom is: Pokerstars

Patvs
01-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

And reimport the hands. If then it still doesn't work, email on the hands to support@holdemmanager.net

Giugio82
01-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the quick answer.

I updated to the link you suggested me.

Unfortunatly it seems not to be working againg.

Now in tabs Tourney --> Data view I for the shooutout a size 3 and $ Won of a normal HU not the real payout for the shootout.

This is a 5€, 4 four player HU Shootout with payout of 18,56 for the winner. I attach a screenshot to facilitate.

Thank you for yous support.

Patvs
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Just email one the hands + one of the summaries (requests--> tourney results) to support@holdemmanager.net

We added support for the Stars VIP freerolls in the last update.
I guess these 4 player HU Shootout matches are new?

Giugio82
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Just email one the hands + one of the summaries (requests--> tourney results) to support@holdemmanager.net

We added support for the Stars VIP freerolls in the last update.
I guess these 4 player HU Shootout matches are new?

I sent you files requested. Please let me know about this.
I play only HU and having a correct calculation about this tournaments its essential to me (as for other people I guess).

fozzy71
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I sent you files requested. Please let me know about this.
I play only HU and having a correct calculation about this tournaments its essential to me (as for other people I guess).

I don't see any support tickets from the email address associated to this forum account. Are you sure you sent them to support@holdemmanager.net? Did you send them from a different email address?

Giugio82
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi, I sent from a different account. Now I sent you even from this account.

B-Money
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
You need to request tournament summaries from Poker Stars for any tournament that is not a 1 table tournament. Then import these summaries.

FYI - We got your email.

GL,
-B

Giugio82
01-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you for the answer,

do you know if there a way to bulk import these summaries and even to request them? I mean if I played 500 shootout HU, do I need to ask for 500 different summaries?

Patvs
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
You can only request the last 200 in Stars--> Request...
but you can email them... and request ALL results.

Giugio82
01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the quick answers. I've got a last question. My software is in Italian and when do:

Request --> Torunament summary (the one where I can ask for the last X games, or by ID) the summary is the to me by mail in italian. Then how can I import this info?

Thanks

Patvs
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Install the English client of your software, or change the language to English.
Or email support and request ALL your histories in English.

kobra1337
06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
In regards to PokerStars HU Shootout tournaments, the cEV will calculate correctly on an all-in, but the $EV will not, and it is throwing off my expected ROI and making it difficult to see how I'm running. I will upload a sample hand history and point out a hand.

kobra1337
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Also, should the EV for the tournament be capped off at 0 or the amount you can possibly win, such as you enter a heads up tournament for $5 + $0.25 and your EV is -$1.00 or $10.50, it should be either $0 or $10 respectively, or am I thinking of this wrong?

Edit:

For the final tournament EV that is...

morny
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Ill ask some of the other support members about that EV question as i'm not sure.

For the question regarding EV its covered in this Video FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: EV Explained (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained)

kobra1337
06-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Bumping for information update, please :)

morny
06-19-2010, 08:41 PM
This only works correctly for 1 table sngs, the calculations are done on the fly during the game and unfortunately we dont know the payout structure when there is 2 or more tables and can only calculate this on 1 table sngs correctly.