PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager reminds me of a Used Car....

Blake423
04-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Holdem Manager reminds me of a Used Car...

Why..??

Every 3-4 weeks HM breaks down (most likely after a update), than you spend many hours trying to fix it and when you finally patch HM back together you find your Personal Stats aren't correct and half the players you played online stats are incomplete...

I played tonight without HM and won 247.50 in a 60.00 sit/go and finished 29th in a 387 player tourney. I played without HM because the HUD wasn't working... so it was worthless...again! I couldn't even get HM to Import my games afterwards from Hand History...

I guess you get what you pay for... Like I said Holdem Manager reminds me of a Used Car that turns out to be a LEMON!!

I'm more than frustrated and annoyed with Holdem Manager..Its so unrealiable it's become useless...

Blake423
04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Another thought...

Before I puchased Holdem Manager Professional Version($80.00) I also tried the trail version without any issues but it was for only 15 days.. (I always experience some type of issue with HM about every 3-4 weeks or after updates) so maybe I just didn't have the time to learn all the facts... Before I bought HM, I gathered information and read about HM from other sources on the internet and from HM's own Website... Never did I see printed that Hold'em Manager is a Beta Program and NOT a complete, seamless and proven program.

I know some of you think I'm whining and crying but listen to what I'm thinking...

If you ever installed either version of HM... I know the majority of you have had trouble installing PostgreSQL and HM the first time. You know the drill, you have to extract to desktop to Run and Install the Programs in order. Then you find out that your License Number isn't being recgonized by HM after you finally got HM operable, so you have to sign on the Fourm and ask for help and 1-2 days later you may get the correct answer...Or you got an error after you install everything, and you have to start all over again by uninstalling and reinstalling everything again. I bet half of you have lost your original DATABASE atleast once after you had reinstalled HM.... proberly lost your DATABASE more than once....

First time I ask for help I didn't know the protocol and I guess I pissed Morney off from the email I recieved. So after waiting more than 5 hours I finally got a response on the Fourm... It didn't help any, but I learned I have to do it their way or no way.... So I had to use the Fourm and Q&A to find my answers by reading and rereading everything I could absorb about HM. I'm not a computer whiz... I didn't know half the procedures I've learned by reading and cross referencing HM's information. I have hours and hours invested in research just to keep HM patched and running... I thought Holdem Manager would be a simple download and it would update itself every so often... I figured Holdem Manager would be a seamless program with few errors... "I was Dead Wrong"!!

I don't write and ask for help on HM's Fourm anymore I just try to keep my HM updated and I keep informed as much as I can by scanning the latest post. Usually there's players already experincing the same troubles I'm having and I go research the HM F&Q and try to find the answers....

Last time I ask for help it took three days for Tech to tell me I have Windows xp 64-bit and I have to open HM from the HMHUD.exe Icon but I had already figured that out after 4 hours of uninstalling and reinstalling PostgreSQL and HM.exe on my own... So with that I just quit asking for help.

To make my point... We all paid $55.00 or $80.00 to be HM's test rats... we all use the same Beta version. I can till from the post on HM's Fourm that everyone is having the same issues, trying to keep Holdem Manager patched together and running....

In the meantime, While Holdem Manager PROVES itself not to be a reliable program or a complete seamless-trouble-free Program, they keep adding Omaha, Player Scanner and other programs which they will charge you more money to use these features... even though... Leak Detector and other small programs on Holdem Manager are yet to work correctly....

So in my mind we all paid $55.00 to $80.00 bucks to be test rats for Holdem Manager and we'll never have a complete program, without all the inconviences and troubles we are all experinceing now.... If we ever get to the point that Holdem Manager becomes a dependable useful poker tool you can bet your last chip it's going to cost you more than $80.00...

As for me, I would rather have my $80.00 bucks back!!... but that's not going to happen... so as long as I'm a paid member I'll just keep writting my experiences about Holdem Manager....

P.S. This is the short version of my experiences with Holdem Manager as the Tech Advisors well know....

Thanks for reading... till next time.... Good Luck at the tables

morny
04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry your not having a good experience, theres no problem posting if your unhappy with the service and want to let other people know your experience.

Youve only posted 3 issues here and all were responded to on the same day or within a couple of hours, the way the forum works is you post your issue and we respond as soon as possible, due to timezones/available staff this isnt always immediately but we try our best to reply as soon as possible, we also offer teamviewer sessions if the forum or FAQs cannot solve the problem.

In my own personal opinion i think $55-$80 for lifetime support including logging into your PC when we cant solve the problem is pretty amazing considering what you get nowadays for that price.

Anyway juding by your posts it looks like your having some issues that are related to Vista/firewall issues personally i dont have any of those issues because ive configured things correctly and im used to the software, but bare in mind i download almost every beta that exists, i import thousands of hands most days that people send to me that have issues, i datamine 24 hours a day into HM, and i play poker and ive not had any problems so again its likely an issue on your end causing these problems although i dont disagree that it can be difficult to fix when you do run into these issues, which is why we are here.

If you want to post a new thread with your problem ill try as always to help you fix it but if you choose not to thats also fine, i understand when your having problems its fustrating as it is for everyone.

Didace
04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Hold'em Manager is a Beta Program and NOT a complete, seamless and proven program...

... I know the majority of you have had trouble installing PostgreSQL and HM the first time...

... we all use the same Beta version....

I have never had any problems.

I found installing PostgreSQL easy. But I tend to read and follow directions.

If you don't want use Beta, don't download a version until it's released.

And yes, you are a whiner.

Blake423
04-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Morny you better recheck your records because i have every email ever sent or recieved from HM. and I don't have a VISTA... if you read my post as you claim you can read where i already stated that I have windowsXP. And yes I have asked for help from you and recieve a email that i can easily post on here. I had to wait over 4 days just to get someone to do a teamsession with me... and after emailing you persoanlly my teamsession link..it was 3 days later when Fabio finally took a look and did nothing to correct my issues..thats how I found out to use HMHUD.exe to open HM after it wouldn't recongize my License Number for 3 days, I found that solution way before anyone from HM ever told me.... I've had more than my fair share of issues with HM and did ask by posting and emailing for help...

It took 1 1/2 months after I bought HM to recongize UB's sit/go's poker tables...and that was by accident after I uninstalled and reinstalled HM for the 6th time... That was my main issue when I finally got HM up and running... but noone took me seriously... My earlier issues are well Documented and I can prove every instance I refered too....

Hold'em Manager has been nothing but a consistant problem from day one and from day 1 the staff at HM as done little to reach out to help...after being asked numerous times by me....

Do a little reseach you have my emails and post and personal messages...

I'm not wasting my time for nothing....

Blake423
04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I have never had any problems.

I found installing PostgreSQL easy. But I tend to read and follow directions.

If you don't want use Beta, don't download a version until it's released.

And yes, you are a whiner.

You must be a real pitiful person Didace... but I see immature people like you all day when playing online poker. For some reason you have a deep need for attention no matter where it comes from... so here's the attention you're so desperately seeking... I hope you can make it another hour before you need your next attention fix...lol

morny
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Blake, ok im willing to help you if you start a new thread with your problems but i dont think this thread is going anywhere, i understand your here to complain about support not being up to your standard and thats perfectly fine.

I dont even remember the teamviewer session we done so i dont know your problem or what i looked at or whether your issue was resolved, i do umpteen teamviewer sessions a day so you can understand if i dont remember your operating system i just quickly glanced over your 3 threads and made an assumption on what i thought might be the problem. Its obviously not vista in this cause but could be firewall/antivirus related i dont know.

I looked at my emails and i have 6 emails i sent to you between the 14th and 15th of February to arrange a teamviewer session or replies to your request for one. Unfortunately due to timezones im not always available at the times that suit other people, for example one was 5am GMT i did forward you fabio's email aswell as i wasnt around one of those evenings and he did a teamviewer early on the 15th and i think i done one aswell on the 15th but im not available 24hours so sometimes it can take a day or two to agree a suitable time, sometimes it can take minutes, depends on alot of things.

Anyway im not here to argue but ive spent enough time putting my side across and thanks for putting your side forward, if your not happy with the support you can contact Roy at support@holdemmanager.net and feel free to link to this thread but i dont have anything more to add and cant spend any more time on this issue so please take it up with Roy and if you change your mind and would like someone to help please post a new thread

Blake423
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Morny this is what I'm expierencing from HM...

I updated the latest update last night..i usually update 3-4 times a week just to be sure I have the latest version. After updating last night my HUD wouldn't work.. I closed and reopened HM numerous times but I couldn't keep the HUD running consistantly. After i finished my games I went to import the tourneys I just played. It wouldn't recgonize any folders in HMArchives.txt... I copied and moved the hand histories to a different folder but it still wouldn't import my hand history....
As of right now.. I don't have VISTA.. I been running HM on my same Firewall, Antivirus, Spy-ware since I bought HM and I have HM premitted in my Firewall, Anti-virus and Spy-ware. so thats not my problem... Finally, I manually inputed my tourneys but that didn't help because my stats and money earned doesn't add up correctly.....
I'm glad you have your HM running perfectly but being you work on HM all day for a living, i wouldn't expect anything less... but I'm not as computer savvay as you nor do i have the desire to be...but I've been forced to find a solution to my HM problems because I'm not getting any help and I've been patching my HM just to keep it running
all i want is HM to work and be realiable as you claim your system is...

Blake423
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Morny its not the thread I'm having a issue with... and I'm not arguing with anyone... Didase was being rude and i responded... All i want is some help and someone to take the time to figure out why I have so many problems with HM... I just want to click on HM and it be reliable, correct and consistant... If you don't have the time than find me someone who does.... I know you are all busy but so are we customers.. and to have to spend hours after hours trying to fix HM isn't what i signed up for...
If you really want to help.. I really want the help... Writng post back and forth isn't making me money or fixing my HM...

Thanks for your replies///

Blake423
04-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm not starting a new thread... The thread I wrote is accurate and true and if you decline to help a customer because you disagree with their opinions of events than I guess it just reenforces what I wrote in this thread...

We may have different accounts of what was emailed or posted but that doesn't constitute a agrument... I've asked for your help nurmerous times in the past and have asked for your help three times today or anyone TECH who can help me that has the time... but as usual I get no real effort to help me....

Morny, u may not like me nor agree with me but that no reason not to try to help me... the customers.... but as always your at the end of your shift and don't have time to help me... and you wonder why i never ask for help...

alllysssa
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Didace, I guess he's tilting or caught his wife cheating 'cause he couldn't give deliver and blames HM for his screw-ups.

Anyways, I've needed a new serial key several times due to different hardware I bought and within hours I received my key, every time. Be glad they're putting new stuff in and do a great job helping pple on this forum or 2+2.

But that's me, just an happy customer.

Blake423
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm glad you're a happy customer and hope you have many winning hands in the future... If I could get some help from these kind and considerate folks at HM than I could be a happy customer like you and not waste my time hanging around HM fourm and hoping someone decides helps me...

Good Luck at the Tables...!!

Rvg72
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Robert, you emailed me now asking for a refund and given the fact that we have spent a ton of time trying to help but it seemingly is not working it is probably best that we just do that. The problem is definitely something on your system that is interfering with Holdem Manager / Postgresql and I'm sure you will have issues with other software as well.

Our support staff goes way beyond what you would find anywhere else and I'm pretty sure you will eventually look back on your experience and realize this. I personally have received 3 support e-mails from you all on March 31st

1:53am which I got back to you at 3:16am
4:17am which I got back to you at 9:38am (had to sleep)
10:26am which I got back to you at 10:37am

Your problem was a 3rd party app or windows security setting that restricted rights to Holdem Manager so we built a custom launcher that would get around it.

I get literally dozens of emails a week complimenting the HM support team for their amazing work. It is too bad that you had these issues but the comments you have made are disrespectful and you will see that once you realize that the problem was on your end this entire time.

Roy

Mike chops
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I updated the latest update last night..i usually update 3-4 times a week just to be sure I have the latest version...

I am sorry your experience has not been a good one. I will say the feedback I get from customers about Morny is almost all positive. I hope he is able to help you sort it out.

Once you get it working, please leave it alone and don't update every time we release a new beta. Beta versions are not supposed to be flawless.

Blake423
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Robert, you emailed me now asking for a refund and given the fact that we have spent a ton of time trying to help but it seemingly is not working it is probably best that we just do that. The problem is definitely something on your system that is interfering with Holdem Manager / Postgresql and I'm sure you will have issues with other software as well.

Our support staff goes way beyond what you would find anywhere else and I'm pretty sure you will eventually look back on your experience and realize this. I personally have received 3 support e-mails from you all on March 31st

1:53am which I got back to you at 3:16am
4:17am which I got back to you at 9:38am (had to sleep)
10:26am which I got back to you at 10:37am

Your problem was a 3rd party app or windows security setting that restricted rights to Holdem Manager so we built a custom launcher that would get around it.

I get literally dozens of emails a week complimenting the HM support team for their amazing work. It is too bad that you had these issues but the comments you have made are disrespectful and you will see that once you realize that the problem was on your end this entire time.

Roy

Roy,
Thank you for your fast reply.. I wish I had more help from HM in the past and maybe I wouldn't be in this position.. the HM launcher you spent hours to make..never worked. Thank you for your efforts, I was never aware that you were involved. The only HM contact I had was with Morny and Fabio... I'm sure they're fine employees but not everyone is perfect and does it correctly the first time... I am sorry noone reallly took the time to find out why i'm having problems. It was never a security problem.. i don't know where you got that from but that water under the bridge....

I want to Thank you again for being resonable.... Can you please deposit my refund in my Pokerstars account... if so I'll email you my Pokerstars Username

Thank you again,

FookFuLohan
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
... Before I bought HM, I gathered information and read about HM from other sources on the internet and from HM's own Website... Never did I see printed that Hold'em Manager is a Beta Program and NOT a complete, seamless and proven program.

BS. Can't believe that you missed all the threads in the forum that says 1.08 Beta1..... 1.08 Beta32. There are literally thousands of replies/post about HEM 1.08 Beta. The whole online poker world that is serious about their cash games knows that HEM is in beta.

And you say that you gathered information .....blah..blah... blah....

Even my 2 year old told me that after months of 1.08 being in beta it is finally officially release last Friday. :D

And you say that you gathered information .....blah..blah... blah....

If you bother and look at forum, spend at least 15 minutes reading some of the threads you will find that HEM has the best app and support that you can buy under $100.

And considering if properly used in combo with the table scanner, it will yield 100x more than what you paid for. Unless your a total donkey then you'll only loss less than anticipated.