PDA

View Full Version : Why Holdem Manager stores the password to base in an open kind?

Advancer
04-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Why Holdem Manager stores the password to base in an open kind? :mad:
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\HoldemManager

<setting name="ConnectionString">SERVER=127.0.0.1;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=XXXXXX XXXXX</setting>
<setting name="CurrentDatabase">XXXXX</setting>

Many players have lost the accounts because poker-room can get into base. :mad:
Read forums. You will see many posts about the closed accounts without assigning any reasons.
Poker-room will never advertise the actions.
It is my personal information and I do not want that it has got into strange hands.
Can I protect the base?

morny
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Im not sure if you can encrypt it, ill check with Roy

chuckk
05-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Any update on this???

Rvg72
05-05-2009, 01:01 AM
I really doubt that any sites are checking the database - I would be shocked. Try turning on logging to see for yourself.

Roy

Advancer
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I really doubt that any sites are checking the database - I would be shocked. Try turning on logging to see for yourself.

Roy

If I use the bought database, poker-room can easily define.
It was discussed at a forum (forum.cgm.ru), but it in Russian.
The general opinion - if poker-room will want to look base, it will make it.
The majority of players at which accounts on Full Tilt have been frozen used Holdem Manager.
Read forums pokerstrategy.com.
There was a whole wave of the closed accounts without assigning any reasons.
Poker-room will never advertise that their software (probably) gets into another's bases.

Rvg72
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
If I use the bought database, poker-room can easily define.
It was discussed at a forum (forum.cgm.ru), but it in Russian.
The general opinion - if poker-room will want to look base, it will make it.
The majority of players at which accounts on Full Tilt have been frozen used Holdem Manager.
Read forums pokerstrategy.com.
There was a whole wave of the closed accounts without assigning any reasons.
Poker-room will never advertise that their software (probably) gets into another's bases.

Well I would say that the majority of serious players playing on Full Tilt are using Holdem manager which is why it may appear that HM players are being affected more frequently when they are not.

I'll look into something in 1.09 that allows you to better secure this password. However, if people are having their accounts closed it it likely through other sources and due to breaking site T&C's not because FTP or some other site is analyzing the HM Database.

Roy

Advancer
05-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Well I would say that the majority of serious players playing on Full Tilt are using Holdem manager which is why it may appear that HM players are being affected more frequently when they are not.

I'll look into something in 1.09 that allows you to better secure this password. However, if people are having their accounts closed it it likely through other sources and due to breaking site T&C's not because FTP or some other site is analyzing the HM Database.

Roy

You are right, accounts could be blocked for various reasons.
But... If the password is protected, many players will find calmness.
Thanks for your understanding!!