PDA

View Full Version : system.outofmemory exception

hawkeen
04-26-2009, 12:55 AM
I have a cake database of 250k hands that was working fine until recently.

I have one database with 250k hands. When I click on one limit that has 150k-160k hands and have the "all" radio button checked, it spins and then it crashes out all my memory and this is amazing as I have 7 gigs on 64bit box. I am getting the system.outofmemory exception and am unable to look at the hands. I have exported/reimported the hands numerous times to no avail.

How does one go about getting support to fix this?

cheers
Hawk

morny
04-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Why do you need to see all 160k hands at the same time, id imagine trying to find a specific hand would be a nightmare, you basically asking it to produce 160k hands and all the Hand History details which is probably just a bit too much for it. You could add some filters like where showdown = true or where pot size is bigger than x to filter out alot of them but im just wondering what situation would need you to display all 160k hands at the same time, its more than capable of showing that and more in the top pane for the stats but the bottom pane requires alot more processing to show each row. You can try removing the following to speed up the retrieval http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=27023&postcount=2

hawkeen
04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Morny,

I need to be able to see all the hands. As a comparison, I downloaded and imported all the hands into PT3 and everything worked fine.

If HEM will not be able to do this then please say so and I can just use PT3.

I do recall Roy mentioning that one of the big advantages HEM had over PT3 was its ability to handle large databases. Is this incorrect?

cheers
Hawk

Rvg72
04-29-2009, 02:17 AM
I responded in the releases thread but I had this flagged so I'll answer here too

Hm's ability to handle huge databases is completely different than hand limits within the hand grid. As we develop the program we always need to prioritize functionality and since we didn't feel there is much general use in displaying 250,000 rows in a grid we have not done much to optimize that and so it is literally eating all the memory on your pc because it is trying to collect all the data within the grid. If you multiply the # bytes taken per row by 250,000 it is likely much higher than your RAM

There are ways around this, for example virtualizing the data and eventually this will be done but only a tiny % of our users will benefit from this fairly large change which is why it has not been done yet.

You could try removing columns since this will have a direct savings on memory use, especially the card images / fonts.

Roy

mofo
04-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Why do you need to see all 160k hands at the same time

Because exporting those hands is not possible otherwise?

fozzy71
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Because exporting those hands is not possible otherwise?

This thread is a year old. :confused:

While it is true we dont have a proper filtered export you can export the entire DB from the Options > Database Managment menu. If you need it to be filtered for just that player you can break it down into smaller groups of hands to export, until we add our proper filtered export function to the database control panel.

mofo
04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Yea sorry didn't realize the thread was so old... it was a thread that came up when I was searching using keywords describing my similar problem.. and a workaround for me was to export hero's hands one month at a time. Tedious yes, but it works.

fozzy71
04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
A proper filtered export is planned for the Database control Panel but I have no ETA when it will be implemented.

Sirus
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I received this pop up. I'm currently extracting all the hands in my db - currently 36hours in.

How can i tell how big the folder containing the extracted hands will be?

morny
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Not sure from your post if you just want to know how big the folder would be (no way of telling that until its finished) or if your getting the system.outofmemory exception and want help in fixing that?

Are you using the export option via database management or rightclicking all hands and trying to export that way? How big is your database?

Sirus
04-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Not sure from your post if you just want to know how big the folder would be (no way of telling that until its finished) or if your getting the system.outofmemory exception and want help in fixing that?

Are you using the export option via database management or rightclicking all hands and trying to export that way? How big is your database?

I extracted via database management. 75.5gb, took nearly 48hours to extract.

I got the pop up that is in the title of this thread. I clicked ok and everything seem to be normal?

netsrak
04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
With extract you mean export?

I think because of the error message your export doesn't contain all hands of your database.