PDA

View Full Version : Holecards report not working

Cappella
07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi,

I just purchased HEM (version 1.06), when I select "Holecards" report, I get an empty report, however I see hands in the below parts, and other reports are working (all the ones I checked so far). I also noticed the application will crash if I click on any report header (for sorting) on an empty report.

Thanks,
David.

morny
07-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Please try reinstalling Holdem Manager and see if the problem persits. Heres instructions on how to backup your files:

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=98

Also can you zip and attach your config file or email it to me at paul.morny at gmail dot com

Cappella
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I have tried reinstalling HEM (uninstall, then delete the directory in "Program Files", reinstall the soft and the 1.06 update). Same as before, still not working.

However I installed HEM (same + 1.06 update) on my laptop, and there it works... only difference is that I had not imported any hands on my laptop (just played a few hands for testing), but on my main computer I imported a lot of hands (150k+). Could that be the problem?

Since I did a full reinstall on my main machine deleting config files and it's still not working with fresh reinstalled files I guess they are not part of the problem.

Best regards,
David.

Rvg72
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I just purchased HEM (version 1.06), when I select "Holecards" report, I get an empty report, however I see hands in the below parts, and other reports are working (all the ones I checked so far). I also noticed the application will crash if I click on any report header (for sorting) on an empty report.

Thanks,
David.

I just fixed the bug that caused a crash when sorting an empty grid and made the hands section in the bottom clear when a new report was run but could not duplicate the empty holecards report. Are you sure you don't have filters set that would stop it from returning data?

Roy

Cappella
07-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Yes totally sure.

I made another test, on my main machine, I created a new database and imported only a few hands (like 1000 or so), and there it works I can see the holecards report... but on my db where I imported 150k+ hands I get nothing. So it definetly has something to do with the DB... however everything else seems to work (I have to verify this). I vacuumed/analysed the DB but it didn't change anything.

Something I have to precise, that 150k hands database is on a separate hard disk set. I created a new tablespace, and manually created the DB there and imported the schema exported from a DB created through HEM. Everything else works fine so I would suppose it can't be the problem.

Ah, another thing I noticed, reports seem not to auto-update when new hands are imported (even the option "Auto refresh reports on any change" is enabled), is that normal?

morny
07-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Ah, another thing I noticed, reports seem not to auto-update when new hands are imported (even the option "Auto refresh reports on any change" is enabled), is that normal?

This only refreshes when you make a change in the interface and not when HH are auto imported. Roy will respond to your other question later

Rvg72
07-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Could you close down HM and open the holdemmanager.config with notepad and change

<setting name="LogDatabaseCommands">False</setting>

To

<setting name="LogDatabaseCommands">True</setting>

Then run the report and send me the dbtrace.log file which you will find in the holdem manager\logs folder.

Thanks,

Roy