PDA

View Full Version : HUD stats with new database

Rookz
07-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello!

I like to keep my database small, so I thought about creating a new database for every Cashgame Limit (i.e. NL25 database, NL50 database ...). Problem now is that I would like to keep the HUD stats, Notes and stuff like that I already gathered at a smaller limit (because it's most likely to see some players at the higer limit I already saw at a lower one).

My question ... is there a way to import HUD stats and Notes only into a new database? Or is it absolutely necessary to import all archived HH? In that case ... it doesn't seem possible to keep a database small if you play poker for years, i.e. :confused:

Patvs
07-17-2011, 09:18 AM
For the notes it is possible.
In database A, export your notes.
In database B, import those notes. If the same player exists in database B, the note you took in database A (or when you played him at the time you used database A) will be attached to the player again.

For stats, it's not possible.

Best solution: avoid the 1 database per limit idea, and just stick to 1 database.
If you want to make the database smaller (1 million hands will be 10 GB of diskspace), read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

(read the sections on purging hands, and vacuuming the database)

Rookz
07-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the information! I guess it helps me a lot even though it's not a houndred percent what I was looking/hoping for