PDA

View Full Version : Worried Problem with latest update

Indian_Skimmer
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Just uploaded latest update......Problem and no idea what to do,hopeless when get things like this last time Fozzy had to teamviewer a session with me to sort it out......may have to again.

Told download was successful but when I try to open HEM I get nothing but error messages.....

Firstly "Please wailt while windows configures HEM"

Followed by "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable,click ok again"

All that does is bring up the same error message again and again

When I close the message box I'm told "An installation package for the product HEM cannot be found.Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package HEM setup project msi"

Scares the hell out of me HELP NEEDED PLEASE,thanks

Indian_Skimmer
07-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Latest some 35 minutes later.........

Re booted...ran download again.......

Download succcessful........

Very confused HEM appears to be running perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to know what the hell was going on though if you dont mind,Thanks

Indian_Skimmer
07-16-2011, 04:17 PM
$$%^^%&*(&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke to soon!!!!!!!!

HEM opened ok after downloaded update again.........

When I started playing I noticed Auto Import was not working,Table Manager did not launch.

Got my HHs from Stars and Import from file doent work either.

So closed HEM down.....re opened it and hey presto right back to my original post in this thread....wont launch and same error messages.

Looking forward to hearing from you........

Indian_Skimmer
07-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Noticed on browsing through the simmilar threads to mine I see a lot of Windows 7 users are having problems...................thought it may help if I told you I'm running Vista........

Patvs
07-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Update Vista to Service Pack 2.
Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.

Reinstall HoldemManager using the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
followed by the update http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

---

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Turn off User Account Control and reboot: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

Indian_Skimmer
07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks but way way too techi for me to even dream about doing,worried about all sorts of things like will I lose data etc,etc.

Its ok coming up with solutions like this but with all due respect some of us computers users,and I'm one,only just understand how to yurn their pcs on and off.

Will write to support to organise Teamviewer session,not a cat in hells chance I'm going to attempt that on my own.

Indian_Skimmer
07-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Latest update.......Friend of mine knows an IT whizz,he has just spent an hour following your instructions,which he called very clear and quote "Should be a piece of cake"

Guess what STILL EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE and IT whizz has no idea what is wrong......................

getting little frustrated now to say the least I AWAIT MY TEAMVIEWER SESSION WITH ONE OF YOU GUYS EAGERLY......................

Patvs
07-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Indian_Skimmer
07-17-2011, 01:52 PM
I have,waiting to here from them.....thanks for your help though,sorry didnt work..........