PDA

View Full Version : Postgres problem (XP) previous PT3 install

macavoy
04-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I am using a friends computer, and he had PT3 installed but I want to use HEM but I can't figure out what he used for postgres info. I want to uninstall postgres so I can reinstall postgres, however its not in the uninstall program files list but when I go to crogram files, it is there.

Can anyone help?

Here is exactly what happens.

__________________________________________________ __

When I go to start HEM, it says it won't start postgres

I click 'connect to posgres'

I get a pop up window that says "A connection to PosgresSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service"

I click YES

and I get a new pop up saying Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service.

And a new pop up says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again.

ok is the only option and it restarts the service and same thing happens in a circle.

morny
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Please dont cross post on 2+2 thread and the support forum, keep it to one or the other.

Please attach the hosts file from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and then try to start the PostgreSQL service as shown in this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34 then after a while it will fail and give an error please copy and paste this error and then go to Control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Log > Application error and look near the top for an red error sign, click on this and view the details of the error and post it here aswell