PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Ongame import problem thread

Artagas
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi!

I played a HU session today at Ongame during which not a single hand was fetched by auto-import for a long time. I was not using ramdisk because i had no probs earlier and did not about the whole database query/Ongame vs. HEM issue.
I continued on with my session for a while because it was fun, than after approx 300 hands I quit it and checked HEM. Weirdly the last 27 or so hands were imported into the DB. I tried to manually import the file but HEM said found 0 files and did not import any further hands into the db. I relaunched the client and checked the stat file with the built in statistics browser and it was looking fine, all the ~300 hands are there.
Is there any way of working these hands into my DB or should I permamently wave goodbye to them?
Is there any admin/staff member out there who would be so kind to check that file and see if he can import any hands from it?
I am using beta32 btw.

Thanks for the help,

Artagas

p.s.: Is it just me or did Ongame clients stopped separating sessions in the session browser lately for everybody else? If i dont import with HEM (which will archive the .db and create a new file) I will end up with silly long sessions in my db files. I emailed their support but as usually they have no clue.

morny
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
You can try renaming the file and reimporting it, if it dosent work create a new databse and reimport the file and see if there is any errors and also if they show up in the new one http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Artagas
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Okey Dokey. I created a new database and the hands imported just fine.
How can I fix my old database?
(I guess I could just reimport all the hands i ever played into the new database but if there is some simpler method than please let me know.)

(Also I played another session and did not use auto import at all and when i tried to import the .db into my usual database it only got 17 hands out of the total 85. Again I imported this new file succesfully into the new DB I created. Does this mean my old database is corrupted somehow?)

Thanks for the help.

morny
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Your old database looks like its corrupt allright, Please export your hands from the old database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into the new database

Artagas
04-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Okay, setting up a new db did solve the problem.
Thanks for responding. Not sure how the database got messed up though, if there is anything i should or should not be doing to avoid this in the future please let me know.

Other than this little issue, big thumbs up on this software. I really did not regret for a second switching from PT to HEM even though it cost me a few extra $$$. The HUD is particularily superb. Adding tourney and Omaha support is great as well.