PDA

View Full Version : New Update Not Working July 16

JTax3
07-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Today I downloaded the new Holdem Manager update (1.11.07a), along with some Windows updates, and not only is HEM currently not working, but my computer seems to be significantly slower than yesterday.

The installation and downloading of the new update went smoothly, but now anytime I try to open HEM, it ends up crashing before even popping up the program. A little message box appears saying to be patient and that it will take a while, so I leave my computer for 20-40 minutes at a time, and come back with the program "not responding".

Anybody have any similar problems? Advice?

zendo
07-16-2011, 11:00 PM
yea very similar to me...

when i installed the update which went fine i opened HM and it just took ages to load up so i closed it and tried to run it again and i get the same problem :s

Patvs
07-17-2011, 01:42 AM
When you update from 1.11.06x database to 1.11.07a a database update is performed.

If it states "not responding" just wait for the update to finish and it will unfreeze.

If you use Norton/Comodo/Kaspersky make sure it doesn't delete hmimport.exe by adding it to its exceptions list.

zendo
07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
When you update from 1.11.06x database to 1.11.07a a database update is performed.

If it states "not responding" just wait for the update to finish and it will unfreeze.

If you use Norton/Comodo/Kaspersky make sure it doesn't delete hmimport.exe by adding it to its exceptions list.

i am using kaspersky, can you please show me how to add hmimport to the exceptions list ?

also, i didnt wait for the database update to run and i stupidly closed it and restarted holdem manager, after this i get the " The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" ... have i screwed myself ?

Patvs
07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

And read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/127/Using+Kaspersky+Internet+Security+2010%3F+

zendo
07-17-2011, 08:28 AM
thankfully, a simple reboot worked. (i know i should of tried before asking)

thank you!