PDA

View Full Version : HEM + Vista + Laptop = ???

CAD
04-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I am trying to get some general information and head off any potential problems at the pass. I just recently purchased a new low-end laptop and have been using it to play poker amongst other things. I am now thinking about purchasing Hold'em Manager but wanted to get some feedback from a few people my specific issues and questions. I have read through the FAQs and searched through the Forums before posting, but figured this was the best way to get the most accurate and comprehensive information.
The Laptop I got is a Compaq CQ50-215NR. It has AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 processor, 2 GB Ram, and an GeForce 8200M Graphics card; running Vista. I'm completely new to Vista, all my work and home PCs have XP Pro. I find it minor annoying but otherwise it does what I need it to do.
I wanted find out what installation hiccups I might have and hoops I will have to jump through to get Vista to cooperate; What kind of performance issues I might have and how well HM will run on my machine (I multitable but usually only 2-4); And any other things I might need to be aware of.
I'm hoping to get HM up and running on my laptop since thats where I'm doing most of my poker play from now. Lastly if I put HM on my laptop and it runs slow, can I put it on my home desktop machine as well? Thank you all for any helpful advice you can give. If you need to know anything more about me or my system let me know.

morny
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Each HM license entitles you to use it on 2 PCs so you can use it on both. In general you shouldnt have any problems, Vistas a pain in the hole and does cause some issues sometimes but it depends on alot of things and almost always it solvalbe, you shouldnt have performance issues with those specs but it also depends what kind of other software your running concurrently.

The best way to answer all your questions is to download the free trial from here: www.holdemmanager.net, then update to this beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmOmaha.exe and try it free for 15 days