PDA

View Full Version : hm still doesn t work and virus detected by norton

clicket
07-15-2011, 09:11 PM
because of the update, my holdem manager stoped working. i reinstalled it and deleted the updates and it worked fine but howewer some bugs were in. for example in "players preference and abrevations" i tried to put signs beetween the numbers in the hud to make it clear but they didn t lay out. same thing for the policies , i can t change it.
then i reinstalled the window update and downloaded the new version(7) and holdem manager opens but closes automatically a second after. i don t know what is going on, it may be because norton deleted automatically this file just after the installation " file: c: programfiles(x86)/rvg software/holdem manager/hmimport.exe". i can restore it if i want but norton says that it s a virus.
thanks for helping.
i wish you a nice day.

Patvs
07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/52951-norton-antivirus-version-1-11-06b.html

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

clicket
07-15-2011, 10:04 PM
hi again,

thank you for responding quickly. hm works now but there is still this problem."because of the update, my holdem manager stoped working. i reinstalled it and deleted the updates and it worked fine but howewer some bugs were in. for example in "players preference and abrevations" i tried to put signs beetween the numbers in the hud to make it clear but they didn t lay out. same thing for the policies , i can t change it."

regards,

Patvs
07-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Try creating a new HUD configurations.

Check the hud options--> player preferences--> use for tab
there are no conflicting/overlapping settings.

If changes you make to the HUD still don't register. Turn off User Account Control and reboot. How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

clicket
07-16-2011, 09:27 AM
it still doesn t work. there are no change. even when i delete the sigh in "taples preferences - separator char" and click apply, when i re open the table preference the same sign comes back.

Patvs
07-16-2011, 09:50 AM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the Windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

clicket
07-16-2011, 11:00 AM
it doesn t solve the problem. hm worked fine just before the crash. i wrote to the support and a member of your team wanted me to install team wiewer today to fix the problem. his name is rob. i am not parano but is he a member or your team? and i know that he can control my computer, so is it secure? i just wanna know if he is a member of your team so that i can trust him.
thanks for helping.

Sarek
07-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, this is one of our tech team guys. If you want help online - let him to connect.

clicket
07-16-2011, 11:26 AM
ok. thanks.