PDA

View Full Version : Boss Media update causing problems with BB winnings.

GangusR
07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Hopefully this doesn't get buried in a gillazion ZOMG HEM has stopped working threads (guys read the sticky, it's a simple fix).

I've been playing on the Boss network software for a couple months now. There was an update a few days ago I believe.

According to HEM and PT3 my account balance is short over $170 or 37% for my past 4966 hands, 13.5hr of play. In other words trackers are reporting much higher winnings than is reflected in my account balance.

I double checked on PT3 and found the same results. So the issue is likely a change in HH format. I've sent an e-mail to support and attached all my HH files from July 12 to now. An important detail that I've discovered that should narrow down the problem tremendously. I checked my positional stats. For 59,000 hands in May 15-July 11 my win rate for the BB was -0.2BB/h, but after July 12 (post update) it is now +0.01BB/h for a 6000 hand sample. Clearly the change in the HH files involved something with BB posting. I found no significant difference with my SB win rate.

Thanks
G

GangusR
07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
WRT to the BB positional stats theory, obviously the sample size of 6k hands is too small to read anything out of bb/h for each position. I played an additional 1000 hands tonight and my winnings reported by PT3 +$207.57 match my account balance to the penny. The only thing different tonight is I have not started my next session yet. Both of my last two sessions where there was a large discrepancy I had taken a short break and closed a number of tables, then reopened them. This could be a problem with the BOSS software not the tracker.

Patvs
07-15-2011, 02:32 AM
All your hands were imported with 1.11.07?
There currently are a couple of Ongame issues.

We'll look into this- also using the handhistories you've sent- and fix this as soon as possible.

GangusR
07-15-2011, 02:48 AM
This isn't the ongame software so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I haven't tried reimporting the old July 12-13 sessions with 1.11.07, but today everything seems to be working fine again. I'm really confused. It seems the HH files are being read correctly after all but the gaming software has not had another update. I am using 1.11.07 now but there has been no PT3 updates and that seems to be reporting correctly today as well.

Somehow both PT3 and HEM reported my winnings for 5k hands between July 12-13 as 37% higher than what showed up in my account. But now today everything is perfect to the penny again. I'll have to take this up with the poker client support. I'll post again of course if something new develops.

Thanks

Patvs
07-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Ongame---> I meant Boss Media

"5k hands between July 12-13 as 37% higher": is there a time difference between the clock in the Boss Media lobby, your local time, your computer clock?

Is it possible you played after midnight July 12-13, and some of the hands are only shown if you change the date filter?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

GangusR
07-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Server time for this skin is the same as my local time/computer clock (EST). I do notice HEM gets the session times wrong +4h whereas PT3 has the correct times. But the time has nothing to do with my session winnings. I simply write down what my balance is before I start playing. When the session is over I compare what HEM reports to my new balance. This has always been near perfect except for two sessions.

07/12 20:22 to 07/13 03:30
07/13 19:30 to 07/14 01:53.

HEM and PT3 repoted my winnings as 169 and 294 respectively, but the site credited me only 109 and 185. Both PT3 and HEM showed no import error and the poker client never crashed, nor did I have any issue with my computer.

Now today my winnings reflect that reported by both HEM and PT3 nearly exactly like always. It's extremely peculiar. There was an update to the poker client a few days ago so I assumed they changed the HH format somehow, so I was surprised to find everything working again today.