PDA

View Full Version : You must lose lots of income b/c installation is so darn difficult

tlinx3
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get Hold Em Manager 1.06 and 1.07 to work on my Windows Vista computer. I start hold em manager and get the following message, "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made." I have tried every single reccomendation in all of the FAQ section and still no help. I have unistalled all my anti-virus programs and disabled all firewalls and blockers. The concept of this program is exception, the user interface, user friendly installation and ease of use must cost you millions of dollars. I had a friend try to walk me through it as he spent 4 hours tweaking his, but he couldn't figure it out either. S.O.S.

morny
04-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Please attach the hosts file from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and then try to start the PostgreSQL service as shown in this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34 then after a while it will fail and give an error please copy and paste this error and then go to Control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Log > Application error and look near the top for an red error sign, click on this and view the details of the error and post it here aswell