PDA

View Full Version : Backup/restore routine appears to be very messed up - hlp pls

gone.flying
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Using HM 1.08b22 ok til I restored a DB today...

I also imported a new HUD player prefs config and played some NL$10 to check all was ok - HUD was fine - then went to session tab and noticed a lot of hands I'd played yesterday were not showing up in sessions. Changed date range to this year but still showed no hands apart from the few NL10 I'd played this evening. Tried selecting my individual player name rather than alias - same result. Tried selecting other known players with same problem

Main page shows no filters applied, but I checked anyway by selecting edit filters... Main Filters tab only shows stakes for $0.05/$.1 Toggling check all/uncheck all makes no difference. Just installed 1.08b29 same prob.

Then datamined a few hands from several different stakes and these stakes now show up in main filters tab, BUT selecting appropriate stakes levels still does not show my hands from this year in session tab

Checked previous database which I had not deleted prior to today's restore and all appears to be well. It would seem that there is something very messed up with the backup/restore routine. fwiw, both my pc's (used to make backup on one, and restore on other) are running same version of HM (or at least they were until I tried 1.08b29 tonight) although one pc is on XP and one is on vista.

I've been backing up database via PG Admin and restoring thus:
1. Use HM to create new DB new name
2. Use PG admin to restore previous backup to DB newlky created in step 1
3. Use HM to select new DB as default

Am I doing anything really stupid here?
Any ideas what is going on?

gone.flying
04-19-2009, 07:00 PM
tried restoring again using method exactly as per FAQ - all seems ok