PDA

View Full Version : p o s t g r e s . e x e crashes while importing hands from the HH folder

Daniel Cima
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Roy, and all others,

I had contact with you before and still have the same problems with postgres.exe, it crashes in the middle of every hand import from the handhistories folder (FT), my folders are correctly configured and I even have created a new database folder in HM, I cannot vacum analyze the db, in the meantime I have upgraded to HM 1.08beta but it does not resolve the crashes, as you advised I have also disabled all antivirus etc software. What I have noticed is that there are quite a few postgres.exe processes open in the process manager (task manager).

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168&stc=1&d=1240155677

Hope there is a solution.

I still get the same error messages as in the mail we exchanged, here it is again and also the mail we exchanged below:

szAppName : postgres.exe szAppVer : 8.3.4.8262 szModName : postgres.exe
szModVer : 8.3.4.8262 offset : 0024a529

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER37a8.dir00\p ostgres.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER37a8.dir00\a ppcompat.txt

Drwtsn32.exe – Application error
(0x0000142)

I also attach below the error logs of both the HMImport and the PostgreSQL

Hi, this is almost always firewall or anti virus software blocking the connection intermittently. If you try uninstalling your AV software and rebooting you should see that it works. In general anti virus software won’t get in the way but some of them need to be tweaked

Roy

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:49 AM
To: support@holdemmanager.net
Subject: Holdem Mangager Issue

Hallo, I am sorry to bother with this, but I don’t know how to fix this issue, I get this message, and I have searched in your Forum, but I could no find any solution, as I am not very talented for this kind of technical things:

This is the message I got:

Player Hand Error: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host.. Please email…

My version is:

PostgreSQL 8.3

I also get this error message all the time after my PostgreSQL server quits:

Error Signature:

szAppName : postgres.exe szAppVer : 8.3.4.8262 szModName : postgres.exe

szModVer : 8.3.4.8262 offset : 0024a529

Error Report:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f19.dir00\p ostgres.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f19.dir00\a ppcompat.txt

Is there a way for me to repair this myself?

Many thanks for your help.

Daniel CIMA

Daniel Cima
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Forgot to say I also have nstalled NET Framework 3.5 but it does not help it.

Daniel

morny
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond asap

fabio
04-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi Daniel,

have you used one of those self-installer versions of PostgreSQL? They tend to crash all the time. If thats the case, please use the PostgreSQL version we provide: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgresql.zip

If you need help with installing it, just send me an email to fabio@holdemmanager.net

LostCause
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Forgot to say I also have nstalled NET Framework 3.5 but it does not help it.

Daniel

I have .NET Framework 3.5 installed and have not had any issues with PostgreSql 8.3.