PDA

View Full Version : database question

NinaW
04-19-2009, 06:34 AM
My laptop broke and I had to buy a new one. I have my files backed up on another disk, I just don't have it with me right now. If I download HEM, I believe I have to set up a new database. If I load the disk after I set up the new database, what will happen? Will they both be merged, will the new one override the old one? I'm kind of a noob in this department :(

morny
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
No it will be just like an extra hard drive for storing files, if you look for your archive folder on the backed up disk and import that into the new database it should pickup your old hands

NinaW
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
No it will be just like an extra hard drive for storing files, if you look for your archive folder on the backed up disk and import that into the new database it should pickup your old hands

what is the file called? When I try to import everything from the HEM folder, it imports no hands and i get about 4000 import errors. I guess I lost everything right?

morny
04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders then for each folder youve setup choose edit and take note of the archive folder for each one (probably the same folder or maybe several ones) then import from all those folders to see if it picks up the old hands