PDA

View Full Version : Problems with hud on merge network

kss
07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
I am using windows 7 and play on Players Only which is a skin on the Merge network. When playing MTT's the stat panels are never aligned properly on 9 handed tables. HUD works fine for 6 max. I have preferred seating set and the HUD displays correctly but I always have to move the panels manually. Once I move them to the correct player everything is fine until I get moved to a new table. Then I have to move all the panels again. Obviously this is very aggravating considering I play 20-30 MTT's daily. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Patvs
07-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Update to: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HmUpdate_ReleaseJuly11th.exe

Right-click on the table in table manager and manually set the number of seats to 9.

kss
07-15-2011, 01:48 PM

Right-click on the table in table manager and manually set the number of seats to 9.

I had to uninstall and rebuild HUD but it works now. I was just wondering why table manager always detects tables as 10 handed and if this will be changed in the future? Thanks for the help.

Patvs
07-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Didn't most tournies used to be 10 handed on Merge in the past?
Now most are 9 handed..., but 10 handed tournies still exist?

kss
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Didn't most tournies used to be 10 handed on Merge in the past?
Now most are 9 handed..., but 10 handed tournies still exist?

All Mtts are 9 handed, I think there are sit n gos that are 10 handed.

pokerpro1224
12-04-2011, 12:33 PM

I have to do this every time I switch tables in a MTT, so roughly 50+ times a day, any way this can be fixed without me having to do this again and again? thanks

Veteran68
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
All Mtts are 9 handed, I think there are sit n gos that are 10 handed.
They still have 10-handed MTTs too, such as the monthly VIP freerolls (about the only MTTs I play on Merge).

Patvs
12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
The issue is HoldemManager detects ALL the fullring tables as the same type.
In the PAST all the SNG tables on were 10 handed.
Now they have 9, and 10 tables.

Since HoldemManager can't see the difference between them, the default setting is still 10 handed.
We could change this to 9 handed (if a lot more players are playing at 9 handed tables??), but then the players playing at 10 handed tables will have the same issue where they have to manually change the number of players in TableManager.

The same issue exists on PacificPoker. On Pacific 9max vs 10max is about 50/50.

pokerpro1224
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
their mtt's are 9 handed so I would prefer you change it to 9 handed, as all mtt players would prefer this. I may be wrong but I would guess there would be a lot more players on 9 handed tables than 10 handed tables.

Veteran68
12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I've played both 9 and 10 handed tournaments on Merge and could have sworn that my HUD positioned accordingly, but perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

If you don't detect between SNG and MTT, then assuming 9-handed by default is going to piss of the SNG grinders, so I wouldn't be so quick to just switch. There has to be a better way to detect these.

It seems surprising to me that with OCR and other such techniques available to HM, that it can't detect whether there are 9 or 10 player pods on a table. It would seem that you could deduce this from either scanning the table image or the chatbox. And how does HM detect 6-max tables then?