PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 - HoldemManager stopped working

Patvs
07-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Hi,

A Windows 7 update is causing Holdem Manager to stop working.

Download this version: Windows 7 Only - Temporary Update Fix from this link Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)

The above version has Leakbuster disabled while we work on a full solution, if your using Windows 7 and Leakbuster youll need to follow these instructions or else wait for the fix which we will release a.s.a.p
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak-buster/97211-att-windows-7-leakbuster-users.html

Thanks
Holdem Manager Support

laryto
07-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello Sticky,

I'm with 1.11.06-g version. When I started HEM today there was only 1 picture on it - the picture of SNG wizard. When I clicked on something and it gave me some internal error. I tried the new one 1.11.7 version as well as old versions. The last version that works for me is 1.11.05, but hand replayer does not work there. I was very confused, while I read your post. And because I use win7 64-bit and it happened today I guess it is the problem that you are speaking.

laryto
07-13-2011, 09:27 AM
However, I am not concerned how critical are those win7 updates and whether to remove them or not. So I wanted to ask - what do you suggest me to do - do you think you can handle over these updates and so I use v. 1.11.05 while a HEM patch is released or to remove those updates. Frankly, I did not want to remove any of win7 udpates

redzill4
07-13-2011, 09:49 AM
when a new patch does come out will it erase all our current hem settings and configs. im especially worried about the different stat setups i have for each report and my hud configuration.

Patvs
07-13-2011, 10:18 AM
However, I am not concerned how critical are those win7 updates and whether to remove them or not. So I wanted to ask - what do you suggest me to do - do you think you can handle over these updates and so I use v. 1.11.05 while a HEM patch is released or to remove those updates. Frankly, I did not want to remove any of win7 udpates

Just uninstall the updates. Missing two security updates for a couple of days won't kill you. (you can install KB2532531 and KB2555917... the other two cause problems)

---

when a new patch does come out will it erase all our current hem settings and configs. im especially worried about the different stat setups i have for each report and my hud configuration.

A patch will be included in the next update. It won't affect your settings/configs/HUD. (only if you would reinstall HoldemManager with the full installer will it reset these things to default)

BioHarm
07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I followed the steps and uninstalled the security updates, but it still gives the same message.

Any idea of when the update will be released?

Patvs
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Reboot after you've uninstalled the updates.

We have no eta for the update.

saeco
07-13-2011, 10:57 AM
well, i uninstalled all the updates except one that couldnt be uninstalled, restarted the computer and the other one was gone from the list, too. but hem still isn't working

brbrbr
07-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I had the same error with a weird picture, uninstalled the 4 patches, but I still get this two errors, and HM does not start.

------------------------------
An error occurred while updating your DB (CompiledPlayerResults Phase 2): Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\mestar\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Dat abaseUpdateLog.txt'.

Please close down any programs accessing the database and relaunch Holdem manager.
The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\mestar\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Dat abaseUpdateLog.txt'.

After that, the Database Control Panel is launched, but after selecting a database, the same happens again. No way to start HM.

This is 1.11.07 Pre-Release-4. The mentioned directory ...Roaming\HoldemManager does not exist.

BluE
07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
well, i uninstalled all the updates except one that couldnt be uninstalled, restarted the computer and the other one was gone from the list, too. but hem still isn't working

I got the same problem, but I cannot uninstall one of the four updates, it always fails.

After restart the update is still there, you may have to wait for it to load.

brbrbr
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I created the missing folder by hand, and at least HM is starting now.

I find this highly disturbing, that random folders on you disk may disappear. I have no idea why would this happen, but anyway, here is my list of suspects:

-Holdem Manager guys
-windows update guys

If first, it makes no sense that HM or HM installer would delete a directory without which it does not work.

If second, it makes no sense that they would go trough AppData/Roaming and delete random things.

Weird.

brbrbr
07-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I got the same problem, but I cannot uninstall one of the four updates, it always fails.
After restart the update is still there, you may have to wait for it to load.

Same here, it wouldn't uninstall on the first reboot, but did on the second.

Perhaps you still have automatic updates turned on, so it installs back right away.

I think that Microsoft created a monster update, not in its size, but in how it behaves.

Brammmen
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
If uninstalling the updates didn't work, you can use system restore to undo it. After system restore you have to turn off the automatic updates. I have no more problems atm.

BluE
07-13-2011, 12:27 PM
To uninstall the windows update, just go to safe mode and uninstall it there

nvieira
07-13-2011, 02:35 PM
hello, i have the same problem - have removed the update windows files, have done de system restore and nothing... :(

still have the same problem :(:mad:

micky
07-13-2011, 08:02 PM
What's the ETA for the next (fixed) version? I don't mind not using HEM for a few days.

Patvs
07-13-2011, 09:57 PM
We will release an update as soon as possible to fix the issue.

In the meantime if you follow the instructions on this thread from this thread it should solve the problem temporarily: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/96111-windows-7-holdemmanager-stopped-working.html

Once we release 1.11.07 on the forums and website with the fix you will be able to reinstall the security updates again

I'm Done Here
07-14-2011, 02:16 AM
hello, i have the same problem - have removed the update windows files, have done de system restore and nothing... :(

still have the same problem :(:mad:

For my part, I have no problem using HEM after uninstalling the updates. There was one update that did not uninstall the first time, but after the first reboot I was able to uninstall it and after the 2nd reboot HEM works fine. Are you sure the updates are completely uninstalled?

KrischanXXL
07-14-2011, 02:42 AM

Same here. Can't uninstall update no .......38. Get an error message.

Patvs
07-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Reboot. Then try uninstalling it again.

KrischanXXL
07-14-2011, 03:48 AM
In safe mode uninstalling was possible.

For those who dont know: press F8 during start and choose safe mode.

fortyseven
07-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi! My HEM is still live and running but my windows is already asking me to reboot. Does anyone knows how i prevent this? I really don't like to keep clicking postpone every 4 hours until the next HEM Update. Thanks in advance.

Patvs
07-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Turn off automatic updating.

Just let it reboot.
Then uninstall the last 4 updates, with the instructions from this thread.

Foublard
07-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Hi,

I still have the problem, holdem manager isnt working correctly.
The KB2507938 isnt possible to delete it in normal or safe mode.

Still waiting for a solution..

Patvs
07-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Reboot the computer. Then try uninstalling it again.

Do you have system restore turned on? Go back to a restore point from 2 days ago.

erikmvs
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Is my computer crazy?
I already uninstalled the updates yeasterday and turned off the automatic updates...
but when I turned the computer off yeasterday there were 4 updates going on... I thought it weird but ok... lets see it another day

Today I open here and the same 4 updates are back in the computer... LOL
And its not in the automatic update mode...

So wtf? everyday those updates will appear here again or what?

Patvs
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
That's Windows....
My computer rebooted itself after installing the updates, although it's setup
-1 to not automatically install updates
-2 to never, NEVER< EVER, reboot itself when I have 30 windows open.
But it did.

Just uninstall them again.

Nebulae
07-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Same here. Can't uninstall update no .......38. Get an error message.

I've tried 3 times and it is an epic fail.

Patvs
07-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/97271-window-7-crash-hm-not-working-solution.html#post476621

PeterGriffin
07-14-2011, 05:13 PM
i have uninstalled and done lots of stuff and now HEM is working with the new update. the replayer however does not work at all, ive looked at old threads regarding problems with replayer but nothing seem to work, does anyone have the same problem after the update?

Patvs
07-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Replayer issue will be fixed in 1.11.07a.
If you really need the replayer uninstall the Windows Security updates again.

Patvs
07-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Replayer issue fixed in: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

PeterGriffin
07-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Now with the new patch the replayer shows one hand but after that it stops working until i restart the program

Patvs
07-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Replayer issue will be fixed in as soon as possible.
If you really need the replayer uninstall the Windows Security updates again.

PeterGriffin
07-15-2011, 08:33 AM
okay ill patiently wait for another patch =)