PDA

View Full Version : Application Migration

Xavito
07-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I used holdem manager with my laptop. But this laptop is dead now. I have an other computer on what I'd like to use again my database and settings.

I will try to have an access to my old hard disk, then I would like to know what files and folders I have to copy to operate a good migration.

I guess it won't be difficult to copy and past some settings such my HUD configurations. But I get worried about my database. I really need my results and hands played.

Am I able to do it?

Best regards,

Xavito

Patvs
07-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Copy your C:HMArchive (archive folder),
Program Files/PostgreSQL/data folder
and Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager folder to the new computer

If your archive folder contains all your hands, reimport them into a new database.
If you need access to the old database (for example to export notes), reinstall PostgreSQL to the location of your old data folder.

Xavito
07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
thanks Patvs about folders' paths

You have highlighted the problem, I need an access to my database but I can't use the old laptop. My only way is to unplug my hard drive and plug it into my second computer. Is there a way to copy and past the old database on the second computer?

Patvs
07-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Just move the PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder to the new computer.

Install PostgreSQL with the 8.4.8 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
During the installation direct it to use your old /data folder.

Xavito
01-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi,

Was trying to solve that problem. I've been using holdem manager 2 for some months, now I'm trying to retrieve the HM1 database from my external hard drive.

I've copied the PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder to my current postgresql folder, but HM2 doesn't see the the old database, and then can't proceed an import.

I tried to create a dump with the old database by using pg_dump but that does not work.

If you have some other ideas I could try, please feel free to share them.

best regards,

Xavito

netsrak
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Its not that easy. First of all: Holdemmanager2 can't work with HM1 databases. It can only import them.

2nd: when you copy a postgresql data folder into an existing one you will loose all your data. What Pat told you was to do this before you install Postgresql on the new computer. See this: PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org/)

You now need to reinstall Postgresql 8.4 and try to connect to your existing data folder. If this works and you can access your HM1 database via pgadmin and with Holdemmanager1 you can try to import this database into HM2.
But it would be much easier to copy the c:\hmarchive folder from your laptop and import the hands into your HM2 database via import file/folder.