PDA

View Full Version : problem to transfer notes from pc2 to pc1

rohan68
07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
hello i did work on my notes during a train trip...
i want to take my new notes and put it in my main pc
i have 1.11.06g on both
export notes run well (i did rename exporthands in *.txt and i got the good notes)

when i import notes from exportednotes.hmnotes my main pc says ok,(x notes updated) but when i look notes in players tabs i dont see the new one but the old one

thats a great problem to me because i spend much time and i will do this often (works on laptop in train and then put it in my main pc), i do no want to use the whole save/restore option for only notes

thanks for your help

netsrak
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
The updating of notes works with a special algorithm, i found this statement some time ago in an old thread:

Hi, it will actually either ignore or append the note. What it does is it looks to see if the imported note is already part of the current note and if so it ignore. If not it will append to the existing note.

So ,if in the DB a player has a note "he is a fish" and then you try to import a note that simply says "fish" it will ignore it since "fish" is contained within "he is a fish". If the imported note said "fishy" then his new note would be

"he is a fish
fishy"

Roy

rohan68
07-13-2011, 03:55 AM
you mean there is no solution? i did update many notes, do not remember all players i did, and they are big nots i can t rewrite it to avoid some words

edit my new notes got lot of words and only some are in the old ones

i m quite surprised that there is no solution, i m used that you find something great in no time

Patvs
07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
There is no fix for this.

Import/Exporting notes isn't the ideal method to update notes on players you already have notes on.

rohan68
07-14-2011, 04:15 AM
ok so what is the method?

Patvs
07-14-2011, 05:10 AM
There isn't.

rohan68
07-14-2011, 05:19 AM
:( wow...first time hm has a leak...and its not a little one

thanks to put it in the developpement list and tells me when you found it
seems

seems i will have to backup / restore all hm (including the whole database) each time i want to have all my notes, and that takes a lot of time

how do i do to back up resotre without changing huds and import folders on each pc? because i do not want to have to redo all hud after

have a nice day

Patvs
07-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Either use the backup/restore utility: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/418/Backup+%26+Restore

Or use pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase