PDA

View Full Version : OnGame balance doesn't match HEM winnings

PeteH
07-12-2011, 03:34 AM
I noticed yesterday that my ongame balance is a bit smaller than it should be based on winnings according to HEM.

Played another session today and the real balance is short by ~5bb compared to what HEM suggests.

Didn't notice any disconnects during play and unless I get disconnected during a big pot it's more likely that the real balance is a bit higher (missing couple hands where I lost the blinds would make more sense).

Are they stealing my money or is there a problem with HEM?

I'm using 1.11.06g on Vista and playing on Betfair.

netsrak
07-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Are you playing Euro or other currency tables (i'm not sure if Betfair has them)?

PeteH
07-12-2011, 03:46 AM
They have USD tables only.

Patvs
07-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Update to: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HmUpdate_ReleaseJuly11th.exe

Reimport your hands into a new database.

If the balance is still wrong, most likely a hand(s) are missing in the handhistory file. Or did some hands import as errors / incomplete hands?

PeteH
07-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Update to: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HmUpdate_ReleaseJuly11th.exe

Reimport your hands into a new database.

If the balance is still wrong, most likely a hand(s) are missing in the handhistory file. Or did some hands import as errors / incomplete hands?

Didn't have original hand histories anymore. Does HEM write the incomplete hands also to the file or just the complete ones? Got the same amount of hands and no errors when I imported the file HEM wrote/moved. Winnings match exactly with the 1.11.06g stats.

I'll play another session with the new version and see if the results match with the balance.

Patvs
07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
You should have the original handhistories in your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive.

Or you can try exporting all your hands from your old database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> EXPORT

--

If HoldemManager has ever seen a incomplete handhistory or import error, you can find those hands in the HoldemManager/Importing/Logs folder. Check if you have files in that folder with the missing hands.

PeteH
07-12-2011, 07:24 AM
You should have the original handhistories in your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive.
That's what I used. Wasn't sure if HEM rewrites the files or just moves them.

If HoldemManager has ever seen a incomplete handhistory or import error, you can find those hands in the HoldemManager/Importing/Logs folder. Check if you have files in that folder with the missing hands.
Didn't find any errors/missing hands for the last two days.

Edit: Played 78 hands with the new version/DB and the balance is again a bit short compared to HEM stats.

Patvs
07-12-2011, 07:44 AM
HoldemManager just moves them. (the hands stay in their original formatting)

Try to clear filters in HoldemManager (even though it appears no filters are selected!)

PeteH
07-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Try to clear filters in HoldemManager (even though it appears no filters are selected!)

Didn't change anything. Could this be a small error in rake calculation?

Seems like the error is small but increases linearish so the rake makes the most sense.

netsrak
07-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

PeteH
07-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Mail sent