PDA

View Full Version : postgres already exists?!

SkypingPike
08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
hello,

when i install my postgre account like you have described it in your link there comes an error message @ the end of the installation, that the account postgres already exists and could not be created ?!

i tried to delete all folders which have anything to do with sql and somethng like that .... but the error still comes.

would you please help me:confused: what i can do against that problem.

thx.

SkypingPike
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Fixed.

SAUS_PainT
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi I just bought HM and have exactely the same problem. What can I do to delete everthing remotely Postgre SQL'isch and start all over and using the instructions that come with your sofware?

Saus

fabio
11-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Uninstall PostgreSQL in the control panel and delete the C:\Program files\PostgreSQL folder

SAUS_PainT
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok I installed windows again (it was that time anyway) to start clean.

If I now try to install postgre at the last window were you can type something the following happens.

In the picture you can see the original from your site and the window I have to use. The diffrence is the extra optionsquare (client).

When I click next the following error occurs;

Failed to open the secondary logon service. The service you used is a service that is not installed.

What can I do now.

morny
11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
From the brief search i done on google sounds like svchost.exe isnt running which will cause this error, might be because you dont have all the windows updates installed since the new installation, please uninstall PostgreSQL and delete the folder again and then run the windows update and reboot after its finished. Update is usually in Start > or Start > Programs

SAUS_PainT
11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
ok thanks, I did the updates and rebooted but the same message appears. Did I fill in the right code in the extra square?

fabio
11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
You need to start the secondy logon service. control panel -> adminstrative tools -> services

SAUS_PainT
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks again for the quick reaction. The only logon I could find in services was Net logon, no secondy logon

I also used "runas /: administrator run" but could not find the file.

Now comparing Vista of a friend of mine and my XP, he has the secondy logon and I don't. Is this a .exe file I can download and integrate?

Thanks in advance.

Saus

fabio
11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Please download and install www.Teamviewer.com and email me your ID and password so I can take a look. fabio@holdemmanager.net

SAUS_PainT
11-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok, sent the mail.