PDA

View Full Version : HEM and Postgres install manual

HiroYatamoto
07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello,

I just got a new computer running Vista and am having difficulty installing Postges. I have disabled the UAC, the firewall, and anti virus and Postges still won't install using the packaged installer.

I need to get the install manuals, that you used to offer, so that I can install each component separately and configure them. Please provide me with a link to these manuals as I can't seem to find them. All I can find are some worthless videos.

Thanks

Patvs
07-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Make sure your secondary logon is running:
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Download the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

HiroYatamoto
07-14-2011, 02:53 AM
Hope it works

HiroYatamoto
07-14-2011, 02:59 AM
What I really need is the install instructions, including the passwords that should be set on the PostgresSQL. Basically, I need the install instruction for PostgresSQL that used to be available before these worthless garbage videos replaced them.

Just to clarify what I want:

I need the install instructions (for PostgresSQL) that used to be provided, in the quick start section, a year ago before HEM & PostgreSQL came in a single installer. Please reply with a link to those instructions and only those instructions. Please do not post any other suggestions or material!

Patvs
07-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Password is: postgrespass
If it doesn't accept the password, delete the postgres user first.

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

How to manually install PostgreSQL 8.x: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database

HiroYatamoto
07-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Yes, that worked.
Thanks for the link to the old manual/instructions.