PDA

View Full Version : Question, PLO HUD, 3bet blind vs steal

LeviJ88
07-09-2011, 09:44 PM
After reading a thread, I added the 3bet blind vs steal, and fold blind to steal stats in my hud. The guy said he also splits em up, fold sb to steal, fold bb to steal, 3b sb vs steal, and 3b bb vs steal.

Ok my question is, does the bb stats include both stealing from the sb, and stealing from the botton?

Say you steal from the botton, bb 3bets you, you look at this aggro monkey's stats and he 3bets bb vs steal 20%. BUT, hes actually quite positionally aware. He's only 3betting button steals with premiums (maybe 3%?) and 3betting the sb steals in position relentlessly, (17%?) This could lead you to make some mistakes while playin the button vs his bb 3b range.

So does it work like that? Any other PLO players have any comments?

There's also stealing stats from the cuttoff, so if the cutoff opens, button folds, does this effect the blinds vs steal %'s as well?

Patvs
07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
A steal will be any open-raise from the SB, BTN and CO.

A Big Blind 3bet vs steal = will not take into account what the position of the steal was.

There are other stats that do:
BB Raise vs CO steal
BB Raise vs BTN steal
BB Raise vs SB steal.

LeviJ88
07-10-2011, 12:10 AM
It seems like 3b blind vs steal is a bad stat to include in my hud since it doesnt take into account position? I'd really like to know if anyone else uses this stat, or the ones Patvs mentioned.

Patvs
07-10-2011, 02:42 AM
It seems like 3b blind vs steal is a bad stat to include in my hud since it doesnt take into account position?

PokerTableRatings did a series of articles on this.
They argued it may appear the stat is useless for not being positionally aware, but it you would add all the positional stats in a popup, it wouldn't add a lot more information if you play 6max/fullring.

They wrote at least four articles, talking about PT3 and HoldemManager. It seems, they deleted some of them though, I can now only find:
Should You Split Up VP$IP by Position? | PokerTableRatings.com Blog (http://www.pokertableratings.com/blog/2010/09/vpip-by-position/)

The other missing article was about the
Fold vs Steal (which is BB Fold vs Steal mixed with SB Fold vs Steal)
They conclude it's better to only have BB Fold vs Steal in the HUD (instead of Fold vs Steal) since the inclusion of SB Fold vs Steal has a negative effect on the accuracy of the Fold vs Steal stat. (since BB Fold is a lot more important than SB Fold)

---

I don't know if this also applies for Omaha.
But with the BB 3bet vs Steal, try creating a custom popup and add to the popup:
BB Raise vs CO steal
BB Raise vs BTN steal
BB Raise vs SB steal

...to see if most of your opponents really are positionally aware.

LeviJ88
07-10-2011, 03:48 AM
While trying to add stats into my new hud popup.. I can't seam to find those stats, which category are they in? I don't see them in steal or 3bet.. "BB Raise.."?

Patvs
07-10-2011, 04:16 AM
They're in the steal category.
If you have 1.11.06g now, you may have to update to 1.11.07 build 4 first which has 80 new HUD stats:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

LeviJ88
07-11-2011, 05:14 AM
I updated and added the new stats to my new popup, but on all the players even someone I have 10k hands on the popup just shows -- -- -- like its never happened.

Patvs
07-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Try reimporting the hands into a new empty database.