PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall HEM/postgres: port 5432 in use

urbanmyth
07-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Screwed up. Somehow HEM wouldn't start because it couldn't connect to 127.0.1 or whatever, then tried to connect manually, and the HEM Database didn't exist, so I uninstalled HEM and postgres to start over. Oops, lost all my hands.

Anyway, now, trying to reinstall postgres, it won't take because the port is in use. How do I free up that port? Apparently uninstalling postgres isn't enough.

I'm sure there's more info I need to give...specific questions welcomed

Patvs
07-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Your database should still be there....
if you manage to reinstall PostgreSQL.

Run a installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Try 8.4.8 and install it to the same port.
Password during installation is: postgrespass
If it doesn't accept that, delete the postgres user first:

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

---

If it still won't run. Try installing SQL 9.0.4 to a different port (5433)

urbanmyth
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
ok, downloaded and installed 8.4.8

Did not install "stackbuilder" as this wouldn't work before.

On starting HEM, there was fatal error 3d000, database holdemmanager doesn't exist. Gives the option to create database. Do I just type in "holdemmanager"?

urbanmyth
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
ok, just typed in "holdemmanager" to creat new database and is working, and HEM imported all new hands.

All old hands, though, are still missing

urbanmyth
07-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Another quick question: I can't find the option to get rid of the HUD box that has the last 3 hands, who won and how much. Where can I find that?

Patvs
07-07-2011, 09:28 PM
ok, just typed in "holdemmanager" to creat new database and is working, and HEM imported all new hands.

All old hands, though, are still missing

Run a import from folder on your archive folder, default C:/HMArchive

Another quick question: I can't find the option to get rid of the HUD box that has the last 3 hands, who won and how much. Where can I find that?

hud options--> player preferences--> appearance tab--> last pots (3) change it to 'none'

urbanmyth
07-08-2011, 12:48 AM
working and found it.

you guys don't get enough accolades not only for your great product but for the excellent support here on the forum.

cheers