PDA

View Full Version : float play stats

Alix
07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
HUD stats are nice and convenient, however sometimes, you just can't get the right stats in there. Here, I show a report I did to gain information on how often players "floated", and how they defended against the float play.

http://www.pokernerdz.com/images/floatstats.PNG

For those that don't know, floating is calling a cbet, and then betting if the initial raiser stops betting. If the float is in position, the bet happens on the turn and there is room for a barrel on the river. If it is out of position, then the floating play is completed by betting the river after the flop is checked.

Sorry, I won't give the code away, these are for my coaching students.

kamachos
07-30-2011, 06:27 AM
How do you incorporate that info in HEM or your HUD? Why is barrel % after float higher than float in position and float OOP? The call should be considered a float only if he bets the turn IP or river OOP..The first 3 stats in your report are already available in the HUD, the 6-8 are useful and not available.

Alix
07-31-2011, 03:02 PM
To my knowledge, it's not possible to incorporate this kind of custom stats into the HUD. What I do is run them once on the side and then copy them in my notes on the studied player.

Also, I restricted the first stats to heads up pots, I'm not sure the default HM ones incorporate multiway hands or not.

Alix