PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to selectively purge BY DATE?

domino66
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
One of my annoyances from PT was that it was impossible to tell it to purge from a specific DB, let's say, all hands prior to a user-selected date.
I keep very very large DBs, and in an ideal world I'd be able to delete hands on a rolling basis so that I could, let's say, keep a single Party HH database, but never have more than 2M hands in it because I could selectively purge hands older than "X" date, so that i could keep it around 2M hands. But PT2 never let me do that. Can I do it with HEM?

morny
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes you can purge by Date, stakes etc

you can also completely delete the hands or just delete the HH to save space but it keeps the stats details and you just cant view the HH or replayer for the hands you purged.

domino66
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply - I meant, by the way, to also ask about purging hands BY NUMBER OF PLAYERS. Here's why I ask: i like to keep my DBs streamlined to ONLY include hands with 5 or more players.

When I used PT2, Party was the only site that PT2 was 'smart' enough to allow me to ONLY import HHs with a user-defined # of players. In other words, I could just dump a ton of unfiltered HH txt files into a folder, and PT2 let me tell it to ONLY import those hands with 5+ players having been dealt cards.

For EVERY other site, if i wanted to accomplish that, i had to go thru the incredibly tedious process of importing all the HHs into a "placeholder" DB, THEN using the export HH to file feature to export only those HHs with 5+ players to a folder, and then RE-importing them into the "streamlined" DB. So basically something that should have only required 1 step took 3, and b/c of the large # of HHs involved, it would often take me 18+ hours to get this done!

So I want to know whether HEM allows for either of the following 2 things, either of which i think would solve this problem:

1) Does it allow me to purge BY NUMBER OF PLAYERS? If it did, i could simply import all of the raw HHs, and then tell it to purge (and delete the stats) for any HHs with 4 or fewer players.

2) ALTERNATIVELY, does it have any import option where I can direct it to ONLY import those HHs with 5+ players? In an ideal world, i'd just be able to dump txt HH files from any site into a folder, and have HEM smart enough to only import those with 5+ players. As I wrote, PT2 was only capable of doing this for Party...which was a huge annoyance because i datamine at like 8 dif sites.

morny
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats not currently available but the purge and delete options are relatively new and further options will be added. Make a post in the suggestion forums and we should be able to implement it although i cant really give you an accurate ETA at the moment