PDA

View Full Version : Upgarding to pro version

Gotfis1
04-13-2009, 07:39 AM
I just bought the "upgrade" from the cardrunners website, and have received a new key for the pro verion, but I have no idea where to enter the key :confused::confused: Uninstalling HEM doesn't help either as it seems to save the key else where.

morny
04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for upgrading!

Please go into your c:\program files\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder and right click on an empty area and choose New – Text Document and name it ClearCode and then launch Holdem Manager again. You will not lose any data

Then you should be able to enter the new code

Gotfis1
04-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried doing as you say, first time I open HEM with the clearcode docment in the config file I get a "Licensing Issues" window, then it asks me to activate the software, but uses the SMS key instead of pro.

morny
04-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Start it up and enter the new code
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

Gotfis1
04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Tried steps 2-8 twice now, first time it allowed me to enter the new key, did the activation, then as it started HEM the activation screen came up again forcing me to activate again and it used the old SMS key. Second time I tried it didn't give the option to enter a new key, just used the old SMS one. Getting kinda frustrating now :P.

morny
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond asap

Rvg72
04-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Please email your old SMS code to me at sales@holdemmanager.net

Not sure why this is happening like that but maybe if I reset the SMS code then it will let you clear it out with clearcode.

Roy

pitchx
04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Just to let you know.

When you reset the Small Stakes Licence it solved the problem for me. I then created the 'ClearCode' file in the Config folder. I was then able to input the 'Pro' Serial on restarting HEM and it is now registered as the Full Version. :)

Thank you.