PDA

View Full Version : Extra rake on Microgaming bad beat tables

Palmiere
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi,

I've been playing on bad beat tables on Microgaming Network, but I didn't notice that they charge extra 0.5 dollars per each raked hand, i'm not sure exactly how it works.

I've played 30k hands of NL100 on those tables and in total made a little bit more than 2k and averaged more or less 7 dollars of rake per 100 hands.
I want to know if Holdem Manager counts that extra rake because those 50 cents could be cutting my winrate and I don't know how much more i'm paying compared to the regular tables.

Thank you.

Patvs
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
The extra rake isn't used for the rake column.
(so you've paid more rake, than what's stated in the rake column.... and if you take a xx% rakeback from the rake column, it therefore won't match your actual rakeback)

However, it shouldn't affect your winrate.
It's unfair to say you would have won 50 cents more each raked hand on regular tables.

You can still compare the winrate of the bad beat tables with the winrate of regular tables, without having to convert/adjust the winrate of the bad beat tables.

Palmiere
07-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I haven't yet played NL100 on other regular tables so I don't have anything to compare, I used to play mostly NL40/50 (euros) and chose to play on NL100 in dollars to smooth the transition (100bbs = 70 euros) and because there are a lot more fish or at least less regulars, now I know why...

I noticed that with 3 or less players on the table those 50 cents arent raked

When there are more than 3 players, every time the flop is seen the system charge that aditional rake

For example:

BTN pfr (2.5bbs)
SB call (2.5bbs)
BB fold (1 bb)

pot before rake = 6

pot after rake = 5.20

rake = 0.80 = 0.3 standard + 0.5 extra

UTG limps (1bb)
SB completes (1bb)
BB check (1bb)

pot before rake = 3

pot after rake = 2.35

rake = 0.65 = 0.15 standard + 0.5 extra

It's too much!

I would like to have an idea how much more I paid, do you have any recomendation?

What if I filtered those hands when there were more than 3 players and when the flop was seen, then what would I do?
Divide those 50 cents by 2 ( assuming the average players on the pot is roughly 2 ) and multiply by the number of hands that meets those criteria?

Thanks.

Patvs
07-07-2011, 01:10 AM
What if I filtered those hands when there were more than 3 players and when the flop was seen, then what would I do?
Divide those 50 cents by 2 ( assuming the average players on the pot is roughly 2 ) and multiply by the number of hands that meets those criteria?

Yes that would work.