PDA

View Full Version : Optimising Players

pelerin
04-13-2009, 01:52 AM
While starting up, HEM often spends a few minutes optimising players I've never heard of. I thought it was meant to only do this for hero's aliases or maybe for players I've run reports on. Is this normal?

morny
04-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah it does it for players you run reports on or where the holecards are known before the flop in the HH, it should only do this once per player

pelerin
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Is there any way to stop HEM from adding more optimised players once it has optimised all of the hero players? It sometimes takes ages optimising players I've never run a report on and never even heard of before. They presumably are from mined HHs and it often picks players that I have a lot of hands on. I imagine that if non-hero players are being optimised it must be affecting performance when running reports on hero.
It's optimizing as I type this and has been at it for about 20 minutes, it's only done 2 out of the 4 players on its list :(

morny
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
You can disable this by going into the Holdem Manager\Config folder then right click and choose "New text Document" and name it NoOpt. Next time you launch HM it should skip this process

pelerin
04-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks that's great :)
The filename needs to be NoOpt.txt or just NoOpt?
Is there any way I can clear out the odd players that I don't think ought to have been optimised?

morny
04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Either will work, if you name it NoOpt then it will still be called NoOpt.txt when its saved as a text file anyway