PDA

View Full Version : Problems with import hands

monstro
04-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi, of yesterday for today seems my holdem manager is not importing any more hands.
It's a very strange thing, because the HUD does not work and when I am going to see the results of the day also he turns up like zero hands played. The strangest thing of that was one day for other and I had not touched any configuration.

And when I hit the auto import, the table manager recognizes all the tables that I am playing and in the import process it appears how if he was mattering right, he inclusive takes away the HH of the briefcase and such, like if every thing in import was right.

Does anybody have any idea of what it could be?

It seems that my HM is not geting contact with the database, but i don't know how.
I use windows XP.

Thanks.

von_Sjaak0z
04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
I have the same problem, but it is not a database issue for me, since pokerstars is still working, i have the exact problem but only at full tilt.

It does show, 1 file processed in the main screen after a hand, but the data simply does not show up on the table manager..

edit: found the solution, install version 1.08 beta

morny
04-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Please answer these questions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

monstro
04-14-2009, 01:45 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
I play in Full Tilt Poker, and Poker Stars, and the problem occur in both of them.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes, Everything was ok, 2 days ago.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
Yes. Table manager shw Its been import and the hands are removed of the folder after the import, like everthing is ok.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
OMG, it's this! On new database, everything works.
But what can I do to my old data base works? I have a lot and alot of hands there, Ican't lose it.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
I try, no diference.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
I use Win XP

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
How I do that?

morny
04-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Please export your hands from the old database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into the new database

monstro
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
How is the maximun number of hands that a database comports?
Could this bug be caused becouse the size of my database?
What can I do to this don't happen again?

thanks

morny
04-15-2009, 05:47 PM
It should be able to import a massive amount in excess of 50 million hands possibly an awful lot more (no-ones really got past that afaik)

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to a system table.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.