PDA

View Full Version : European Time

sashasharpley
04-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I wish to set TODAY STARTS AT to British Summer Time - this involves a minus hour (as BST is earlier than EST) yet the drop down list only provides + EST. please advise.

This option allows you to: Set the time you want your day to start for all “Today” based filters. North America Users
• East Coast Time = Leave it alone
• Central Time = 1 Hour
• Mountain Time = 2 Hours
• West Coast Time = 3 Hours
For users in other countries, add the hours between North American East Coast time and the time in your region. The difference is what you want to use here.

morny
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Where is this, are you on about Options > Misc Options > Set Day Starts at as this is just a 24 hour clock setting not timezones:confused:

sashasharpley
04-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes that is where I am. I need to set it around 6 hours before EST. How can I do that? if I add 18 hours say, then yes it would be 6 hours difference but it would also be tomorrow instead of today. Please advise.

Also I tested it by adding 18 hours however I cannot seem to get the tick to show on the left side of the option - however the time I selected is saved. When I then play, the games still are shown as starting as EST.

morny
04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
What is the time difference between you and the poker site, when you know this you can easily set it, lets say the poker site timestamps say 4:00pm while your playing at 2:00pm then you know their 2 hours ahead of you so if you wanted your day to start at midnight then you just set it to 2am (+2)

sashasharpley
04-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I must be thick because what you say does not seem to make sense, at least to me. If central time is one hour later, say, than eastern time and I need to set the time forward by 1 hour as per HM instructions printed above, how can I set the time forward by 2 hours IF MY TIME is 2 hours EARLIER than EST.

What you are in effect saying is that it is irrelevant whether I am ahead or behind EST only the difference is important. Sorry but that makes no sense at all because this does not tell the software whether I am at midday or at 4 pm in the example you used of a time stamp of 2 pm.

Further, it does not seem to work whatever I do, as per my last paragraph in my previous post. I cannot seem to tick the 'day starts at' for this functionality to kick in.

I await your reply.

morny
04-12-2009, 05:06 PM
You dont need to tick it, its not an on/off option, when you press it you should see the box with a 24hr clock.

Forget the timezones it dosent really matter, what you need to know are

1) What time do you want your day to start at?
2) If you play a hand at 4pm your time what time does the HH stamp show?

If you answer those 2 questions ill tell you what to set it to for it to work

sashasharpley
04-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I want my day to start at midnight my time. Start time of last tourney I played showed in HM as 16:02 - my time was 21:02 (this was AFTER I had set the day starts at 5 hrs 00 mins since I noticed that the tourney times were not correct for my time). However, my first tourney of the day started, according to HM at 06:19 - my time was 11:19 (this was BEFORE I had done anything to the days starts at... and it was at default of 00:00.

So leaving it at 00:00 or changing it to 05:00 has not made any difference and it is showing the time of the poker site (in this case FT).

Please advise.

morny
04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok your 5 hours ahead +5 so if you set it to 7pm and this will work

I think youve mistaken how it works, it dosent change the timestamp that remains the same but if you run a report now for today/yesterday then it will only show tourneys from midnight your time even if the timestamp says 7:30 full tilts time

sashasharpley
04-13-2009, 05:10 AM
Yes after I posted I realized I had misunderstood the time stamp issue but the day starts is still an issue.

Perhaps you can answer the following and this will resolve my understanding 100%.

Imagine a tourney on FT starts at 14:00 EST.

Player A lives in a zone where this tourney starts for him at 13:00 - what should he change the day starts at ...to?

Player B lives in a zone where this tourney starts for him at 15:00 - what should he change the day starts at ...to?

Hopefully this will be last post by me on this subject.

I await your reply.

Thank you.

morny
04-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Assuming both players want there day to start at midnight

Player A: set to 1am (which will be midnight their time)
Player B: set to 11am (which will be midnight their time)