PDA

View Full Version : HUD bugs

SuperSized
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I just took the HM2 HUD out for a spin. It looks really ace, but there are a few bugs it seems.

* At some point my stats on myself reset to zero. At that stage I had played over 30 hands at the table. It seemed to function ok after that.

* With more than one table open I seemed to lose the ability to open the pop-ups fairly frequently on more than 1 table.

* I lost HUD stats on one player altogether at some point although he remained seated at the table. I can't recall if they came back or not.

B-Money
07-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Closing HM and restarting will reset the Hero stats. I'm working with Programming on this issue and hope to have it fixed in a future build.
You're the first one to report popups not working as expected. One of the internal testers has a old XP rig he uses with 2GB ram. He says he 4 tables no problem. I'll get him to check HUD popups specifically.
I've also seen the HUD disappear for a single player. Stop HUD then Start it will fix this. This is another issue I'm trying to track down further so Programming can fix it.

udbrky
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Please explain more about what you mean by lose the ability to open the popups.

Sarek
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I played 5 tables (4 on Stars and 1 in Ipoker) - got popups, see picture.
1.66 mhz cpu, 2gb ram, 5400 rpm hdd

SuperSized
07-07-2011, 07:22 AM
I figured out what the issue is. Sometimes the pop-ups are being lost behind the poker window. In that case new ones can't be opened. It would be rather confusing to most people. Perhaps try forcing the Pop-up to appear on top of the poker client window? Edit: It's pretty God Damn tilting when I'm stacking and it loses a pop-up behind the stack. At least provide a hotkey for now for forcing the HUD to the top.

A couple of other things I noticed.

* My AF never seems to get added to my own stats in the default hud.

* Something else, which I can't remember right now. Consider this a place holder until I remember.

udbrky
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
AF and steal for hero should be fixed soon.

What popups are you having this issue with? We're working on the issue of the popups disappearing after you're not hovering over the stats, and the main popups you get when you double click stay on top by default.

SuperSized
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
AF and steal for hero should be fixed soon.

What popups are you having this issue with? We're working on the issue of the popups disappearing after you're not hovering over the stats, and the main popups you get when you double click stay on top by default.
It's the default popup with a couple of tabs on the top. I think it disappears when I click on one of the tabs e.g. steal and another table becomes the focal table. Tbh, I was tiling table this morning, so this isn't explicitly a stacking issue.

Oh, yeah the other issue is that sometimes only Hero's stats appear in the HUD. The HUD boxes appear for villains but are filled with "-"s.

udbrky
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Looking into this. Is this on Merge? I think the issue is that both the popup and the table want to be on top. If you delay action a couple times on tables, the table seems to pop up on top. Is that what you saw?

Asking the HUD guy if it's possible to work out.

SuperSized
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM
No, this is on Stars. I think what might be happening is I've opened the popup on one table (say the left one if I had two tables open), when action is required on another table (the right). The right table forces itself to the top. If focus returns to the left hand table, it probably forces the table to the top and relegates any open pop-ups to the background. I'm not 100% sure on this, as I can't remember clearly. I will test it tomorrow.

udbrky
07-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok, I had you mixed up with another poster.

Do you have Stars set to force the table when you have action?

SuperSized
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Ok, I had you mixed up with another poster.

Do you have Stars set to force the table when you have action?

Yeah, pop up table whenever action is required.

Btw, there is another bug in the colour picker for the HUD stats. When picking a custom colour from the colour picker, it never appears in the box where it should. Currently the only way to pick colours for stats is to use the default colours.

udbrky
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I passed it along to the hud programmer to see if there's anything to do with that, but I'm not sure since it's partially the other programs taking control.

I'm not seeing the color picker issue. See linkedvideo.

color picker (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HM3CUIVK)

SuperSized
07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Checked colour-picker and it seems to work fine.

The new fixes have broken the HUD. It works for a period of time on some tables and then loses all the stats for every player. It starts building the stats from scratch again for everyone. Sometimes it resets hand to 3 or something random when I have played more hands against that opp at that table.

The issue with the disappearing pop-up appears to happen if the pop-up is open on a table which pop to the foreground. The pop-up is sent the background and is lost preventing further pop-ups from being opened until the orphaned pop-up is found.

Also stats like 3-bet and CR don't appear to be working.

udbrky
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
The popup issue is being researched - don't know if it can be fixed, since it's the sites taking over control.

When your stats reset, does it stay when you stop and start hud? How about if you close and reopen? How old of a DB are you using?

SuperSized
07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
The popup issue is being researched - don't know if it can be fixed, since it's the sites taking over control.

When your stats reset, does it stay when you stop and start hud? How about if you close and reopen? How old of a DB are you using?

Never tried restarting the HUD as I wanted the still see the stats on the tables not affected. I will test it out again today and 20 table and see how that goes.

DB is brand spanking new.

SuperSized
07-11-2011, 11:13 AM
With the all my programs added to the firewall, there was an improvement in the speed of the HUD. It now works faster but still seems to make the system hang every 5th or 6th table that needs action - this was with 13 or 14 tables open. The hang time is something like 500 - 1000 ms. Unfortunately it means that the HUD is simply not usable when so many tables are open.

Also there are several tables where only Hero's HUD stat box is populated. All villains have no stats and the boxes just have a whole lot of hyphens in them.

Restarting the HUD and closing and restarting HM2 did not help with either issue.