PDA

View Full Version : Client-/ Server side scanner

NoTurns
04-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Currently the Table Scanner scans the tables on the client's side (iow, my computer and my lobby). Will there be a server side scanner in the future? So a server that scans the lobbies 24/7 so any Table Scanner user can quickly connect to it and get the player lists almost instantly. Table Tracker (PT3) currently uses this and I love it. No hassles with keeping lobbies open while scanning, you don't even have to open the client to scan, and the scans are much quicker this way. I can imagine it would also be easier to make scanning times on the server side faster, crating an optimal environment for fast scans, as opposed to helping each player out who is experiencing slow scanning speeds.

I can imagine such a server side scanner requires maintenance costs and I am more then willing to pay a monthly subscription for such a service. I can't speek for others ofcourse but maybe the option to choose between a client side and a server side scanner is an idea?

e306
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
as i wrote before: i would pay for serverside-scanning, too

Goobertron
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Is serverside scanning a central database? Because aren't they prohibited by Stars and FTP?

e306
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Is serverside scanning a central database? Because aren't they prohibited by Stars and FTP?

no, we dont want a central player-database.

we only want to get a list of all tables and the sitting players from the central server so we dont have to scan the lobby. the player-stats come from the local database

Goobertron
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
no, we dont want a central player-database.

we only want to get a list of all tables and the sitting players from the central server so we dont have to scan the lobby. the player-stats come from the local database

Ah i see, thankyou.

Hunter
04-12-2009, 11:39 AM
definately one way in which poker tracker > HEM

Mr_Snood
04-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Will there be a server side scanner in the future?

Yes, pretty soon.

... maybe the option to choose between a client side and a server side scanner is an idea?
It will most likely be like that.