PDA

View Full Version : hold em manager won't even open

wykeekee
04-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I run windows vista and I am having trouble getting my holdem manager to work. The software won’t even open anymore it was working fine for a couple months until now. It keeps saying that I need to turn off my user account settings and that it can’t connect to PostgreSQL. However my user account settings have been turned off since I downloaded the software. What should I do?

VinZ
04-11-2009, 04:44 AM
i have the same pb, can't connect to database...

i have read the FAQ, turned off windows firewall and windows defender, closed lmy antivirus software (antivir) reboot, restart service, reinstall postgresSQL (i have lost my database doing this.. i don't speak fluent english...)

and nothing works !

i was forced to go back to use PT3....

i hope an automatic fix would be made, but I can't find it, so i can't use hm even if i paid my licence...

morny
04-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Please attach the hosts file from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and then try to start the PostgreSQL service as shown in this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34 then after a while it will fail and give an error please copy and paste this error and then go to Control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Log > Application error and look near the top for an red error sign, click on this and view the details of the error and post it here aswell